Secure Boot enabled but pc won't boot up (UEFI)

Capri

Reaction score
I have a problem with my PC not requiring a secure boot. I have done the maneuvers to enable this in the bios but after saving and rebooting. My pc only boots on the bios and does not detect my ssd.

I would like to point out that my pc is compliant with Windows 11 restrictions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm thinking that perhaps your current installation was done with legacy BIOS settings and consequently is legacy MBR and does not have the expected Windows Boot Manager schema required for UEFI, GPT, secure boot, etc.
Just my best guess.

You might start your research there by querying the disk to determine if it's GPT or MBR.

IF you find that, that is the case your best bet would likely be to back up your critical data and start over with the proper BIOS configuration.
There are tools that promise to do the conversion without damage to existing data, but....
I have no experience in using them and as such can not make any recommendations.
In any case a reliable backup including perhaps a disk image will give you some peace of mind going forward.

Vote:

Capri

Reaction score
Thank you! I found some rough answers to this one. I'll try this later I can't actually. Thanks for your reply, I'll let you know tomorrow.

Vote:

Capri

Reaction score
Hello, I've tried the mbr2gpt command etc but i got this"Cannot find OS partition for disk 0"
I have also tried other ways, but my conclusion is to format the disk where Windows 10 is installed. And make a new installation with a key containing an ISO Installation with the Bios and Startup settings in it... I have also tried a lot of things but my conclusion it's to format my disk where windows is installated.

Last edited:

Vote:

Pocah

Reaction score
You should not have to re-install it. The OS partition should be visible. If it's not, are you sure you are looking at the right disk? A PC does not necessarily boot from disc 0.

Vote:

Ask a Question