BIOS Mode/Secure Boot State

waulkmillfh

Reaction score
Just upgraded to Windows 11. In System Information it states BIOS Mode UEFI and secure Boot State Off. When I go into the BIOS it states Secure Boot State Enabled and OS Type as Other OS. Motherboard is an ASUS PRIME H3101-PLUS R2.0 Should the OS Type be changed to Windows UEFI Mode and if i do that will that change the Secure Boot State to On in my System Information? PC is very slow to boot after upgrade incidentally.....

Andrew2

Reaction score
You should be able to change "Other OS" to "Windows 8/10" or something to that effect without issue. You can also enable Secure Boot as well without issue (been there done that).

That said, I find it odd that System Information is contradicting the BIOS, as System Information gets this info from the BIOS. Perhaps just changing the OS from other to Windows 8/10 may solve? Let us know.

Last edited:

waulkmillfh

Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply Andrew and sincere apologies for the delay in responding.. the only options I have are Other OS or Windows UEFI Mode so I may try changing to Windows UEFI Mode in the hope that improves the boot time; a little reticent to do so in case it causes problems however...

Andrew2

Reaction score
Not sure I can help any further as I don't know your BIOS and would need to rely on you for the info there. What I posted was based on my Intel based Gigabyte board.

That said, I will you should be in UEFI mode as that's what Windows 11 uses. Outside of that I can't help and especially since you're already hesitant to do mess about the BIOS. Perhaps a call to Asus may ease your fears?

One thing I would add is to make sure backup before doing anything in case something goes wrong should you attempt to delve further.

Good luck.

Ask a Question