Sleep Mode: I Can't Enable it or Get It Displayed in Start Menu

jdanniel

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

This morning, I decided to clean install Windows 11 on my computer. I’ve been using the version that I upgraded from Windows 10.

After formatting and reinstalling clean, I noticed the Sleep option in my Start menu button was missing.

Long story short, I’ve read numerous web sites that explained how to enable the Sleep option, and I’ve watched about half a dozen You Tube videos that show what to do.

Nothing worked. Nothing at all.

There is no Sleep option in my Power Options area.
Sleep Option Missing.jpg

I’ve tried using various command prompt switches, such as:

powercfg /hibernate on

rundll32.exe powrprof.dll, SetSuspendState Sleep

One video recommended using a Power Troubleshooter, which I did. That didn’t help.

I tried right-clicking on the start menu, to use the Shut Down or Sign Out option. Sleep isn’t there.

Is there anything else I can try? Anything that might not be found in these web sites or videos? I haven’t been able to get a Sleep mode option enabled no matter what.

Keep in mind, this is not a question about the Sleep mode not working. The Sleep mode doesn’t even DISPLAY in the Start menu power button, or anywhere else.

Thank you. Jd

Grizzly

Reaction score
Is your graphic card driver correct and up-to-date?? That usually has been the problem on my computers when the sleep setting is not displayed.
Other than that I have not experienced anything else with it

Vote:

jdanniel

Reaction score
That worked. The graphics card driver was apparently a generic Microsoft one. I updated the driver, and it was an Intel driver. It enabled Sleep, and now it's visible in the Power Options. Thank you.

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
That worked. The graphics card driver was apparently a generic Microsoft one. I updated the driver, and it was an Intel driver. It enabled Sleep, and now it's visible in the Power Options. Thank you.
you are welcome. Its usually the things we do not consider that cause problems. BTDT

Vote:

Ask a Question