Install Insider builds on my unsupported laptop - workaround?

alex_ncfc

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm currently running Windows 11 in dual-boot with 10 on an old 2nd gen i3 laptop, 8GB RAM. Really this was just to test it out and get a feel of it, especially as until 11 came out they allowed you to install insider builds on unsupported hardware. It actually runs really well, by the way. It's currently at the latest release version, 22000.348.

When I go to the "Windows Insider" page on settings now, I have a red message saying that my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for 11, so I cannot install the insider builds. However I know there are workarounds to install the release version of Windows 11 on unsupported CPUs etc, so I was wondering are there any workarounds to install the latest DEV builds on my unsupported laptop? Would I be able to download the ISOs Microsoft offer and install them?

Thanks for any feedback!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
We're pretty strict on this forum about passing around hacks and cracks, designed to circumvent proper, legitimate use (including installations and updates) of any software product that might violate the manufacturer's licensing agreement.

So, while I cannot provide any names or direct links to sources, I can say that there are resources available to accomplish what you propose in your query and leave you to do your own research to find what you're looking for.

Believe me, I understand a desire to want to keep your hand in and continue to participate and witness first-hand the progress, as new developments happen but Microsoft has chosen to close that door on many of us.

davehc

Reaction score
I agree entirely with the contents of Trouble's post.
I suggest, in keeping with the forum's views, that you can, however, have a browse at this official Microsoft page and the suggestions.

Initially, Microsoft even published two reg "hacks", . The process bypassed the installation checking your computer for the minimum requirements. I had a google, but they appear to have withdrawn them now.

Ask a Question