Laptop problems

udinov

Reaction score
I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo [redacted] didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people

Sir_George

Reaction score
I bought a laptop but my browser and my laptop screen keeps on blacking out and the people who sold me on Lenovo [redacted] didn't fix the problem. Is it the laptop or an OS problem? Coz Im not getting a good resolution from their CS people
There is no way to make that determination with the information you provided. With that said, if this was a recent purchase, you should either get the issue corrected from the seller or get a refund if they can't fix the problem.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
What @Sir_George said. An example, I was given an HP Laptop 15 from 2019 for any parts I could use. It came with Win10 Home and had been Upgraded to Win11. At bootup it would have a red line across the top of the screen, after a bit the login screen would come on then blank out, kept blanking too often to do anything. I finally did a complete wipe of the drive, reinstalled, updated and activated Win10 then Upgraded to Win11, has been good for 10 days now. Apparently something screwed up during the original setup/Upgrade that wasn't getting fixed properly.

Vote:

udinov

Reaction score
Well since i bought it same issue but its been 16 months since then and their warranty is a home service but they say we have no home service technician so now idk poor warranty service is all i can say i think this is basic like come on ughh the seller is avoiding the "RESPONSIBILITY!!!" refund is good but they wasted 16 months of my life alsooo

What @Sir_George said. An example, I was given an HP Laptop 15 from 2019 for any parts I could use. It came with Win10 Home and had been Upgraded to Win11. At bootup it would have a red line across the top of the screen, after a bit the login screen would come on then blank out, kept blanking too often to do anything. I finally did a complete wipe of the drive, reinstalled, updated and activated Win10 then Upgraded to Win11, has been good for 10 days now. Apparently something screwed up during the original setup/Upgrade that wasn't getting fixed properly.

--Mine is Lenovo i dont know if thats what happened here but support is not solving it until now

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
My laptop is now aged about 13 years, yes the Core i3-380M (Arrandale 1st-Generation) .. still on stock standard HDD and little bit upgraded RAM, just moved to Windows 11 Pro 23H2 .. little black tough guy ..

A little bit fading off 1/4" o f the bottom screen recently .. lazy to purchase newer models because I am not a heavy user though (only Internet / Graphics / Forums / Documents), will use it till it dies 100% 😁🤭

Earlier edition of Lenovo's are from IBM breed and has reliable structure and parts, newer China make are not that satisfying comparable with IBM makes ..​

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I have a couple older Lenovo on hand, an IdeaPad and a ThinkPad, given me for parts but I fixed them instead. The only 'unusual' complaint I've heard is one of those two models changed the 4 arrow keys size and the right-hand Shift key is different, the user needed that Shift key so remapped to get what she needed [fast typist].

Vote:

Henk

Reaction score
Windows offers a way of letting Windows reinstall itself. Would that install standard drivers? Would that be an idea?

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
My laptop is now aged about 13 years, yes the Core i3-380M (Arrandale 1st-Generation) .. still on stock standard HDD and little bit upgraded RAM, just moved to Windows 11 Pro 23H2 .. little black tough guy ..

A little bit fading off 1/4" o f the bottom screen recently .. lazy to purchase newer models because I am not a heavy user though (only Internet / Graphics / Forums / Documents), will use it till it dies 100% 😁🤭

Earlier edition of Lenovo's are from IBM breed and has reliable structure and parts, newer China make are not that satisfying comparable with IBM makes ..​
An update on old equipment, yesterday evening I pulled the 500GB HDD from my Dell Inspiron 15 5537 Notebook of more than 10 years ago running Win10 Pro, did a hardware clone to another 500GB HDD. After coffee this morning I put the clone in the Notebook then downloaded the current MCT version of the Win11 ISO. Later this morning I turned off the Wireless , Mounted the ISO file, made the single file change in the ISO and ran the setup.exe file to start the Upgrade to Win11 Version 23H2. I followed up that with connecting and updating. Checked and verified it was Activated. It has been running fine all afternoon through this evening.

Vote:

udinov

Reaction score
My laptop has been reformatted by the store I bought it but I still experience the blackout browser and screen. They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?

Vote:

udinov

Reaction score
Why are you removing the store names people should be aware they are selling damaged laptop and not giving a proper warranty service. I am experiencing this problem for 18 months now. Its PC Express and Lenovo Concept Store at Festival Mall.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
My laptop has been reformatted by the store I bought it but I still experience the blackout browser and screen. They don’t seem to want to replace it with a new laptop. Idk whats the problem and how to fix it i thought it can be fix with reformat so what to do now if thats the case is it as good as trash?

Its youre issue .. with vendor .. AGAIN!>!?!?!?!?!?

send me the laptop .. im serious ..

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
For years, the Ultimate fix for any Windows Problem, going all the way back to Day One, has been to :
1 Save data
2 Re-Format the HD (or now, SSD)
3 Perform a Clean Install of Windows, from a known good version, on Flash Drive, CD or other bootable media.
4 Restore data.

Problems solved.

Why must we keep going over this, year after year?

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I'm just so ready to use the above listed process, that I won't even store ANY data files on my C: drive.
All my data is in dedicated folders, on a separate "Data Storage" drive, with additional backups to several Flash Drives.

So if and when I need to do a Windows recovery, I can just perform a Ghost Restore, using an image I created before any problem appeared. Or failing that, I can do a Fresh, Clean Install from my Windows xx install Flash Drive.
Under NO circumstances, will I EVER be on a forum crying out for help.

Merry Christmas, Everyone,
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Why must we keep going over this, year after year?
A couple of reasons, one is that forums keep getting new members [a good thing] and the other is failure to use the Search on the sites to find other posts about the same thing [a bad thing].

One thing not often pointed out, especially for new users, is that even though 2 computers are bought at the same time off the same shelf will be identical but only at that time, after setup and first use they are no longer identical, at least one change has been made that is not the same on both. Or in other words the computer Joe Blow has may look the same as the one Jill Doe has but nothing else is the same.

Vote:

Ask a Question