I reset my Android phone and afterwards, I can no longer connect it to my windows 11 laptop!

ProChrist

Reaction score
I reset my phone recently. Now before I reset it I was always able to connect my Android phone to my Windows 11 laptop. The QR code was always scanned successfully by the link to windows app on my mobile phone and I was then connected.
But after I reset my phone, I simply cannot connect, no matter what I do!
I have repeatedly followed the instructions here on how to do this but without success:
https://uk.pcmag.com/operating-syst...nect-your-android-phone-to-your-windows-11-pc
https://uk.pcmag.com/operating-syst...nect-your-android-phone-to-your-windows-11-pc
I have Phone Link installed on my Windows 11 laptop and the Link to Windows app on my mobile phone. I have tried to uninstall and re-install it but the problem remains. When phone link opens on my laptop, I am taken to the SMS messages window and when it tries to connect to the internet, it says it cannot connect and a QR code appears. I then run Link to Windows app on my phone and when it tries to scan the QR code, it says that something has gone wrong. It then tells me to close the QR code on my laptop and input the 9 digit number that appears on my laptop screen but I cannot see this number. I am using Brave browser and mobile data. But I have also used my local library's WiFi connection separately but the problem remains. I have tried and tried without success. I have also tried using a different browser which was Microsoft Edge but the problem remains. The mystery is that before I reset my phone, the QR code was always scanned successfully by the link to windows app and I was then connected. I would be very grateful if you can help me solve this problem. PLEASE!

rbcap

Reaction score
ProChrist, you did a good job describing the problem. I am having the exact same problem.... My Galaxy S22 phone and my Surface Pro 9 tablet (Windows 11) are on the same wifi, but it seems the two can't see each other. Spent hours on it - very frustrating!

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Vote:

Ask a Question