After resetting my Android phone, I cannot connect it to my Windows 11 laptop any more

ProChrist

Reaction score
Recently I reset my Motorola g7 phone with Android 10. Before I reset the phone, I could easily connect my Android phone with my windows 11 laptop. The QR code was always scanned successfully by the link to windows app and I was then connected. No problem.
I want to connect my Android phone to my Windows 11 laptop which will let me send text messages, see notifications, instantly grab photos, and even run my phone apps on my Windows 11 laptop.
I have repeatedly followed the instructions here on how to do this but without success:
https://uk.pcmag.com/operating-syst...nect-your-android-phone-to-your-windows-11-pc

I have Phone Link installed on my Windows 11 laptop and the Link to Windows app on my mobile phone. When phone link opens, I am taken to the SMS messages window and when it tries to connect to the internet, it says it cannot connect and a QR code appears. I then run Link to Windows app on my phone and when it tries to scan the QR code, it says that something has gone wrong. It then tells me to close the QR code on my laptop and input the 9 digit number that appears on my laptop screen but I cannot see this 9 digit number. Instead there is a code of 8 letters mixed with digits. The incredible thing is that the Link to Windows app will not allow you to input any letters but only numbers.
I am using Brave browser and mobile data on both the phone and the laptop. I have also tried using Microsoft Edge and Wi-Fi on both the phone and the laptop but without success. I have also set the brightness to maximum on the phone and the laptop but without success. The mystery is that before I reset the phone, the QR code was always scanned successfully by the link to windows app and I was then connected. I would be very grateful if you can help me solve this problem as well.

rbcap

Reaction score
ProChrist, you did a good job describing the problem. I am having the exact same problem.... My Galaxy S22 phone and my Surface Pro 9 tablet (Windows 11) are on the same wifi, but it seems the two can't see each other. Spent hours on it - very frustrating!

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Vote:

Ask a Question