Latest update no ethernet win11

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
Hi installed win 11 on 2x desktop pc's worked fine for days then installed latest update yesterday now no ethernet ? (also lost sound but resolved that }
things tried
(1) reinstall MSI motherboard drivers ( didn't work )
(2) installed latest version reltek drivers (didn't work }
(3) used microsft repair tools (didn't work)
{4} used 3rd party repair tools ( didn't work )
(5) installed separate ethernet card ( still no connection )
(6 ) searched internet apparently I'm not alone others having same issue ?
(7) used wifi dongle connection now that's really slow ?

any ideas ?

Sir_George

Reaction score
You could rollback the update and postpone updating until it's been revised.

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
hi Sir_George
tried rolling back the update ( didn't work }
contacted MSI tech team they were brilliant gave me link to there version of MSI AMD win 11 drivers which resolved the issue and some other niggles ( seems the update was aimed at intel systems hence errors }

vynski

Reaction score
I have not used or needed ethernet in the past 10 years. I found that when you installed the Realtec ethernet drivers for some reason they conflicted with the Intel drivers. Since I no longer need the obsolete ethernet, I just disabled it in the BIOS. I have not had a problem with my wi-fi drivers since, even with the latest updates.
I am very pleased that MSI was able to help with your problem. I use only MSI motherboards on my builds.

vynski

Reaction score
Oh one thing I discovered was that just rolling back the Intel drivers would not solve the problem. You also have to reinstall your AMD chipset drivers.

Ask a Question