Let's Enhance Our Community Experience - Add a Profile Photo & Description!

AlexReflector

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Windows11Forums Family,

I hope this message finds you all well. I've noticed a growing number of members joining our community — welcome to all our new friends! However, I've also observed that many profiles lack a profile photo and description.

Why Add to Your Profile?
  • Personal Touch: Adding a profile photo and a brief description can make interactions more personable and engaging. It helps in building a stronger community where members feel more connected.
  • Visibility: It makes it easier for other members to recognize and remember you, fostering better discussions and networking.
  • Credibility: A complete profile can lend more credibility to your posts, especially when discussing solutions or giving advice.
How to Add Your Profile Photo and Description:
  1. Go to Your Account -> Account details
  2. Upload a profile photo and add a short description about yourself or your interest in Windows 11.
Let's all make an effort to fill out our profiles. It doesn’t take long, and it really enhances the quality of interactions on our forum. Plus, it’s always nice to put a face to a name!

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I once ran my own PC Help forum, and every new member had to fully complete their profile before the system (or I ) would allow them to post.
For my part, the newcomers could leave out a lot of stuff, if ONLY they would put in their Location. That helps so much when trying to help someone, if we know where they are from. At least the country.
A simple comment like "Welcome to the forum, don't forget your Location" might help.

I just say that I'm in Central Florida, because I don't live in any town. I'm out in the sand dunes and briars, in the country.

Good Work, Alex,

Shadow :cool:

AlexReflector

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Shadow, thanks for the suggestion about emphasizing the importance of location in our profiles. It’s a great reminder of how such small details can enhance our ability to assist and connect with each other more effectively.

Appreciate your input!

Best, Alex

Bighorn

Reaction score
Might I add that having the local time in the Profile of the user will also help. I set my computers to show my local time and the UTC/GMT zone and can figure "where in the world" to some degree [but then in the Navy and as an Air Traffic Controller I worked with time zones for over 35 years].

1714506342341.png

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Over the years, I've tried to help someone by referring them a shop or company here in the USA, only to find out they were in Lower Slobovia or some such far away country. That little FUBAR would have not happened, if the person had only declared their location. Even just the country would help, but in the US a State would be nice. The USA is a Very Big place. Street address NOT required.

I fill out a lot of forms, where a red * denotes required fields. Could the forum sign up sheet be so equipped with red stars, to denote fields that MUST be filled in? ???

Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question