PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Setting up friend's new cable modem/router combo... in the past I've done it while cat-cable connected but don't have that option this time.

can it be done and how?
thx

Grizzly

Reaction score
cable modem/router combo
does that combo not have any ethernet ports?? If not, it would look like a Access point where only wifi is possible. However, you should be able to connect wirelessly to the combo then open a browser and type the gateway address (like 192.168.x.1). You should then be asked for a user name and password which should be on a sticker on the combo or somewhere in the quick guide that came with it.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I can access router admin panel via wireless, I don't use ethernet because the router in the living hall and I am in my room, make sure you have connected to the specific wireless point and use the router login IP address to access the contents ..

1682404195224.png

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
does that combo not have any ethernet ports?? If not, it would look like a Access point where only wifi is possible. However, you should be able to connect wirelessly to the combo then open a browser and type the gateway address (like 192.168.x.1). You should then be asked for a user name and password which should be on a sticker on the combo or somewhere in the quick guide that came with it.
Yes has 2 ethernet ports.
I found several listed at best buy for about $20. Are they plug & play?

Xploit... I'll try this later at my home w/notebook

Last edited:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Yes has 2 ethernet ports.
I found several listed at best buy for about $20. Are they plug & play?

Xploit... I'll try this later at my home w/notebook

most new add-on ethernet cards (.. and other types) are now Plug & Play which has Microsoft's compatible drivers according to their agreement with vendors .. :)

Ask a Question