Long delay saving anything

tannenba

Reaction score
Got the this the other day: 2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5010795). Now any time I save something (Ei right click a picture and save as, or download from Chrome's pdf viewer) it takes a long time (15 Sec or more) before the save window comes up. I reset my router, rebooted my ethernet sw, rebooted the computer and reset my network settings. Still happens. I'm guessing it's a problem with Chrome since the update? Seems to be only from browser.

Edit: Nope, not just Chrome. It does the same with Edge.

Last edited:

Apsaalooke Crow

Reaction score
hmmm... I have saved several images from browser and various sites after that update, and even on my barely better than dialup, two cans and string internet, I have noted no performance issue.

I have heard that on occasion some folks have experienced some random settings resetting or changing after updates though.
the OneDrive, in particular seems to "not stay put" so to speak, and the whole managing cloud files and especially sync can get wonky and tax resources.

reckon if its nothin obvious after having a peek about just roll back to before update and see if its all as it should be then decide to or not try it again...

...nice dresser btw.. can't really tell what it is but sure looks fancy..
I am a bit more hard headed and stuck in the past. betcha we are close in age but i still ride like i did when Nixon was givin peace signs.

1642912206968.jpeg

all good on ya!

Vote:

tannenba

Reaction score
Nice Harley, I have a 1200 sportster. Since I posted, my windows 10 machine is doing the same. And yes, seems like any time downloading something from the browser. As above, edge does the same. I tried going back but the machine said restore was not successful and was returned, but when I go back to the restore settings, it has the option to remove the restore and the problem is still present. I also tried to disconnect the ethernet cable and connected wifi, no help Don't know what else to try.

Vote:

Apsaalooke Crow

Reaction score
Don't know what else to try.
mornin tannenba.
thx friend. ..just last night I was talkin to a young person that posted on r/ who was showin off a very pretty 1200 fresh off the floor, had that mystichrome, or whatever hd calls it, paint.. not sure I recall the big sportys looking so fantastic. ..what exactly is that gold dresser in your profile pik?

so, just how long have you been running win 11.. sounds like your os is a lil wonky, refusing a restore is spooky... like a ghost in the machine.. depending on the associated chores in regard to personal files and apps a system reset may be in order.

reckon as admin going through the settings and unlocking the things to have a peek about is a thing, consider what else you may have done / acquired at time you did update and noted change.
from the nature of what you describe I would lean towards verify via speed test your internet to rule out issue, or at least isolate possible hardware cause.
go through the OneDrive settings real thorough. it is a funny thing, depending on what other hardware you have and have synced and what av protection you use.
I recall tuning the onedrive to mostly be concerned with system snaps and its relationship with defender and less concerned with my files and the sync of the other devices that share it to be quite a bit of chores.
my internet is primitive at best and often suffers due to geography so I must tend to just how the things use it.

your system is not only fetching an image when you choose save it is caching it so it can cloud it and the other goofy background things anticipating you interacting the image with viewer or edit believe it or not.

...which brings up diagnosing with the sys monitor what all is going on at the point you request the save and during the delay till it initiates the save.
then there is also the update itself, could be by now this is not an isolated thing and a known issue by now.

All good on ya

Vote:

tannenba

Reaction score
That was a 1200 Kawasaki Voyager.
Since last post, my windows 10 started doing the same thing. Took one of them to church and it does the same on their wifi, I have 4 Windows 10 units and one Windows 11. The last update according to the release notes:
  • Addresses a known issue that might cause IP Security (IPSEC) connections that contain a Vendor ID to fail. VPN connections using Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) or IP security Internet Key Exchange (IPSEC IKE) might also be affected.
  • Addresses an issue that might prevent removable media that is formatted using the Resilient File System (ReFS) from mounting or might cause the removable media to mount in the RAW file format. This issue occurs after installing the January 11, 2022 Windows update

Seems maybe, they could have screwed up the TCP stack? Also disabled one drive. Won't use it on any of my units.

The restore failure, they said there was a file they couldn't write and suspected the anti-virus. When I get time, I'll see about backing out of one of my windows 10 units.

Vote:

tannenba

Reaction score
Ok, stranger than fiction, several days later, and many reboots on all the machines, and they are back to normal????

Vote:

Ask a Question