Messenger App on Win11 tries to open then closes or crashes

Mickey52

Reaction score
only problem I have run into so far since up grading to Win11 .
When it was on Win10 I clicked the tile it would darken but it opened. It was on my tile list when I up graded to Win11 , so while I was setting things up I pinned the tile to my start list on new Win11 start.
I tried to open the app opened but quickly closed or crashed. In settings I tried to fix and then reset till would not stay open. I uninstalled it , restarted my laptop and reinstall the app.
Still will not stay open any ideals what to do next?
Mickey52

Mickey52

Reaction score
I did a little more searching , this issue with messenger is happening to others that no one has not found a fix. So I / we have to be patient till one is found. probably turn out to be some thing stupid.
Besides this issue everything else is running fine

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
For future reference can you share....
Which version of "Messenger" are we talking about
Windows Messenger
Live Messenger
OR
One of the "Messenger" apps from the "Store" (if so which one)

Having this information going forward might turn out to be helpful in gathering information specific to your issue

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
really do not know doesn't stay open enough to tell you , in store app it says Messenger for Facebook is all I know. Back when I had Win10 when I clicked tile the image of app turned dark then it opened but it did open.
Under Win11 it starts too then crashes. its version is Messenger 1280.10.74.0 , fixing it and resetting it does not help with crashes

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
today launched messenger while signed into face book web site , do not know why app doesn't work on had while using when I was using Win10. App does not work using Win11 , hope a update comes to fix this small problem.

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
there will be an update coming that fixes it uninstall messenger and wait for it. or Check threw Windows update or Microsoft Store to see if the update is there. You may have noticed spell check and grammar check is corrected with left mouse versus right since up grading to Win11. That cannot be fixed left mouse button is default of Win 11.

Vote:

Da_Wrecker

Reaction score
only problem I have run into so far since up grading to Win11 .
When it was on Win10 I clicked the tile it would darken but it opened. It was on my tile list when I up graded to Win11 , so while I was setting things up I pinned the tile to my start list on new Win11 start.
I tried to open the app opened but quickly closed or crashed. In settings I tried to fix and then reset till would not stay open. I uninstalled it , restarted my laptop and reinstall the app.
Still will not stay open any ideals what to do next?
Mickey52
I think i fixed it! You must open settings -> Applications than open the first window -> search for messenger -> advanced options - background apps permision and turn it on. that should fix it. You can have different named settings because i have my windows in slovak language. Have a great day

Vote:

Ask a Question