Microsoft Security

Pablo56

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a desktop computer with windows 11 on it. I wanted my own password not to log into a Microsoft account. I now find out that my laptop with windows 10 has the same password (pin number). If I was a small company with 10 employees with the same pin number, it would not be very secure would it. I thought MS took security seriously.

Sir_George

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a desktop computer with windows 11 on it. I wanted my own password not to log into a Microsoft account. I now find out that my laptop with windows 10 has the same password (pin number). If I was a small company with 10 employees with the same pin number, it would not be very secure would it. I thought MS took security seriously.
This forum is for support and not associated with Microsoft. Posting your concern about security using MS products is best submitted to;

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
You may ignore automatic Microsoft logon feature after fresh installation by using Rufus. Rufus has the feature to bypass Microsoft Account feature and make Local Account instead. Later on after installation, the user can set individual seperate Microsoft Account if needed. Simple !​

Pablo56

Reaction score
I already have a bootable USB with windows 11 on it. Don't understand a rufus bootable USB. I downloaded the USB version of Windows 11 on my desktop. The USB was already formated as FAT32. How would this be diffrent?

davehc

Reaction score
It would't. Rufus,with its latest fetaures, is designed for users who wish to cheat the install and activation features of Windows.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Dave, why shouldn't we? A person, with limited means, can put out their hard earned cash to BUY Windows, and then be horse whipped with conditions, stipulations and limitations, to make it almost impossible to use what they just BOUGHT.
I can spend $50k for a new car, but the car maker doesn't tell me how to drive it, where to drive it, or when I can drive it. I'm glad my car wasn't made by Microsoft.

OH, by the way, for those, like me, who are fed up with all the BS from MS, there is "Micro-11" from X-Lite, that bypasses ALL of the MS BS. And it runs GREAT, and it's the perfect OS for older and more limited hardware.

Maybe Y'all should get down off'n your MS high horse, and try something new. ?
News Flash: The world does not revolve around Microsoft.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Unfortunately, as Windows users we don't buy Windows, only a license to use it. And when reading the EULA we can see that we are at the whim or mercy or whatever to accept what Microsoft wants to do and that includes setting the OS to a default condition which in turn can wipe out 'customizations'. I started learning to accept and use with my first computer in '92 then continuing after retiring in '94 and getting a job building computers in a shop/store.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
"Unfortunately, as Windows users we don't buy Windows, only a license to use it."

And, don't ya know, "That really sucks!" Another "Better Idea" from Bill Gates?
And the older I get the Suckier that gets!
I'm just about at the point of Total Revolt!!!

My very first OS was IBM DOS 2.0. I got it on a floppy disk, from a friend.
That seemed like a perfectly good way to get an OS. Eh?

Bighorn

Reaction score
My very first OS was IBM DOS 2.0. I got it on a floppy disk, from a friend.
That seemed like a perfectly good way to get an OS. Eh?
My first was in '92 and came with MS-DOS 5 and Windows 3.1, I just kept upgrading as new versions came out but don't recall I ever paid much more until Win95. After that would get the free mailed Service Packs. I had computers running most versions except Vista and WinME. When working in a shop I also had WinNT 3.51, WinNT 4 and final Win 2000. WinXP and later combined both editions into Home or Pro. WinXP Pro was the first to also offer the 64-bit version, still have a Dell OEM disc. Now there is no x86/32-bit version of Win11.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. NO 32 bit version of Windows 11! But, I have several older 32 bit machines that run Windows 10/Pro/32 (fully Rufusized) just fine. It's really hard to tell the difference between Window 10 and Windows 11, once they are all tweaked and tuned.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Yeah, that's right. NO 32 bit version of Windows 11! But, I have several older 32 bit machines that run Windows 10/Pro/32 (fully Rufusized) just fine. It's really hard to tell the difference between Window 10 and Windows 11, once they are all tweaked and tuned.

Cheers Mates!
Shadow :cool:
I have 3 older Notebooks that I did the upgrade to Win11 from within File Explorer and the single-file change, no issues yet.

Ask a Question