No apps in Notifications

xeophyte

Reaction score
Hi, I must have changed or disabled something in the system and the list of apps disappeared in

Settings/System/Notifications -> Notifications from apps and other senders
There are many applications installed on the system and notifications is turned on, but I don't have any apps in this section. I didn't mess with the system files.

What else needs to be enabled for the list to be visible? Is there any Service, telemetry or registry entry responsible for it?

xeophyte

Reaction score
And yet again that list has disappeared. I don't understand why sometimes it is sometimes not. Neither restart nor ToastEnabled helps. Previously, I also had disconnected device notifications broken, so I tried to fix it more or less like here
Maybe it has something to do with it?

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a vague memory that I had this problem also. But then I switched back to the Windows 10 Taskbar and System Tray with Explorer Patcher. ... Now I have an idea for a workaround (nothing else), but I have no idea whether it works.

Install Explorer Patcher and remove everything that has to to with Windows 10, except one setting; see screenshot.
You need to first go into the menu "Taskbar" (first menu above the one I put in yellow) and switch to the Windows 11 taskbar (you need to restart Explorerby clicking down left), because I think the Windows 10 taskbar will be installed by default. Then go to the "System Tray" menu and only tick the line "Flyout behavior for icon popup menus" (all other entries should have a cross in order to stay in the Windows 11 environment). For the other menu lines, do as you want.

I tried it, but I do not have the problem you have with not showing the notifications in the tray icon, so my test is not worth it.

Edit: sorry, here is the screenshot

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Vote:

Ask a Question