Repair Install

7x7

Reaction score
Just one of many reasons I love Microsoft so much. I'm trying to do a repair install to fix a problem that I know could be fixed another way but everything I read is to confusing for me. The problem is a downloads that shows a folder in properties with only a General tab, nothing else. I downloaded the media creation tool from the Microsoft website and created the proper install file. This is supposed to be a repair install so from my windows 11 desktop I click on the setup .exe. Guess what? It tells me the computer I'm running in secure boot mode with a 10 to 11 update from Micro-suck is not Tpm2.0 compliant. ****. Maybe someone could please help me get the downloads folder attributes back. Please

Sir_George

Reaction score
Just one of many reasons I love Microsoft so much. I'm trying to do a repair install to fix a problem that I know could be fixed another way but everything I read is to confusing for me. The problem is a downloads that shows a folder in properties with only a General tab, nothing else. I downloaded the media creation tool from the Microsoft website and created the proper install file. This is supposed to be a repair install so from my windows 11 desktop I click on the setup .exe. Guess what? It tells me the computer I'm running in secure boot mode with a 10 to 11 update from Micro-suck is not Tpm2.0 compliant. ****. Maybe someone could please help me get the downloads folder attributes back. Please
Visit the weblink below for a possible solution.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
If you have been in the BIOS and you have set it to TPM 2.0 (or PTT for Intel), Microsoft will verify. It may take up to 24 hours to get the approuval. (And you are not informed about anything, it's running behind the scenes !!!)

Vote:

7x7

Reaction score
I was able to upgrade from win 10 to win 11 because I met TPM 2.0 requirements. However I went to the Asrock support site and updated the bios. The screenshots are a before and after. I'm going to try the repair install again and see if it works now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-21 110802.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-21 110802.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2023-01-21 114328.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-01-21 114328.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4

Vote:

7x7

Reaction score
I've seen that before. That's probably why I didn't update before now, but in this case it was necessary and the repair install worked.

Vote:

Ask a Question