Screen Shot modification

GracieM

Reaction score
I have several screenshots that are in "dark" mode. The text is white. I would like to reverse the appearance so they can be printed in black text with a white background. Can't for the life of me figure out how this can be done or if it can be done at all. Thanks

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi Gracie,

(1) Open your Snipping tool
(2) Set the screen to "large" (maximum screen), so that you can see everything
(3) On the top right (menu bar) find the three dots. Click on them.
(4) You will have a menu with three lines.
(5) Click on "Settings". A new window will open.
(6) At the bottom of this window you will find "Apperance" and below the line "Application Theme" (or something similar, my PC is not in English).
(7) On the right side of this line you will find a small triangle (or an arrowhead). Click on it
(8) Now you can choose the white or black theme, which will only apply to the éScreenshot application" and not to your whole PC, see screenshot.

Capture d’écran 2023-02-13 173539.png

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Once you have saved your screen to your 'Clip Board' using the "Print Screen" key (upper right corner of your keyboard) you can then paste the image into almost any Photo Editor, where you can "Reverse" the image.
Photo Shop is too expensive for this old boy, so I use the FREE "Photo Filtre" which I call the Poor Boy's Photo Shop.
Every picture I take, and I take quite a few, goes into Photo Filtre for cropping, adding contrast, resizing, and even Reversing, when needed.
I've been using "Photo Filtre" for so many years, I don't even know what else is available out there now.
"Mox Nix" as the Germans would say.
Good Luck,
Shadow :cool:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Ah, ... I didn't get the full picture of your message.
If you can't redo the screenshots, and there is no privacy concern, you could also remove the background online: https://www.remove.bg/
After uploading your picture, you will have a transparent background within seconds (grey and white squares), but you can change that by clicking on "Edit" and then "Colors" and chose for instance a white background, before downloading !

GracieM

Reaction score
OMG, I'm so glad I asked. I never would have figured it out in a million years. Thank you all for your help

Ask a Question