Start Up Password

Moe

Reaction score
For extra security yesterday I created a password and used it successfully.
The ability to use a PIN was not available.
However this morning the same Password was not accepted and I cannot gain access to my PC.
Help!!
Moe

RogerOver

Reaction score
Boot into advanced startup: https://www.minitool.com/news/advanced-options-windows-10-009.html
Normally, the easiest way is F11, but it might be F12 or another key on your PC / laptop.
Then find the DOS prompt in "advanced" within advanced startup and do option 3 from this post (the prompt will start from X: and not from C: : https://www.top-password.com/blog/5-ways-to-remove-the-administrator-password-in-windows-10/

Edit: if you normally login as an user only, type "user" instead of administrator at the cmd prompt

Last edited:

Vote:

Mickey52

Reaction score
have you tried using AI copilot? the upper right-hand corner of edge screen. I changed log in setting up a pin, set up my printer it now works better than it ever has. Been fixing things one at a time, try it?

Vote:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Passwords, are, unfortunately, very sensitive to capital letters, etc. The one you are trying to use must be EXACTLY as you originally created it.
Every PC repair shop should have a "Password Removal Tool" disk, and would be able to remove that errant password without affecting anything else on your PC.
Call around and see if you can't find a shop that would remove that password for you.
If you were local, to me, I'd gladly remove that password for you, for free. I've done it many times.

Cheers Mate!
Shadow :cool:

Vote:

Moe

Reaction score
Passwords, are, unfortunately, very sensitive to capital letters, etc. The one you are trying to use must be EXACTLY as you originally created it.
Every PC repair shop should have a "Password Removal Tool" disk, and would be able to remove that errant password without affecting anything else on your PC.
Call around and see if you can't find a shop that would remove that password for you.
If you were local, to me, I'd gladly remove that password for you, for free. I've done it many times.

Cheers Mate!
Shadow :cool:
Sounded good so did that. Cheers to you too.

Vote:

Ask a Question