Taskbar gone

Twilight35

Reaction score
On start-up the taskbar is visible. When I open a web page it doesn't show. This never happened before. I've installed several up-dates since this started. I figured a fix would be in one of the up-dates, but apparently not. It's not life or death, but it sure is a pain. Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Fred

Mickey52

Reaction score
strange things have been going on really don't know why? Mine has been white screen of death no graphics on screen just white background. Only thing I have done to get things back to normal is hold the power button for 40 seconds to a minute simulating a shut down. Then power up again to see it things are back to normal. On your apps list is "feed- back" app send them what's going on give them time to look at it before getting off feed-back. I find they respond when things like this does not happen again. I would pin feed-back to your start list this is not the last time strange things will happen. They feed-back people are trying to make things better.

Vote:

Callistemon

Reaction score
strange things have been going on really don't know why? Mine has been white screen of death no graphics on screen just white background. Only thing I have done to get things back to normal is hold the power button for 40 seconds to a minute simulating a shut down. Then power up again to see it things are back to normal. On your apps list is "feed- back" app send them what's going on give them time to look at it before getting off feed-back. I find they respond when things like this does not happen again. I would pin feed-back to your start list this is not the last time strange things will happen. They feed-back people are trying to make things better.
When the screen is solid accent color after logging in, that is often caused by Explorer or DWM, and it's still possible to shut down safely, with the power options provided after pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del or Windows + L. There isn't a need to press the power button for several seconds, which can corrupt an SSD and turn filesystems RAW.

If it's the display graphics that crashed and not the desktop processes, then Ctrl + Alt + Del or Windows + L won't provide the power options on the screen. In that case, it's better to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc > Alt > F > Enter > shutdown /r /f /t 0 > Enter. Plus symbol meaning keys pressed at the same time, and caret when all keys are released before continuing.

One thing that pressing the power button for a long time can do, is restart the Embedded Controller. However, it is much safer and better to shut down properly using the methods above, and then remove the power cord and battery before pressing the power button, once the computer is already off and without power.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Right click the taskbar and select "Taskbar Settings"
.Scroll down to "Taskbar Behaviour"

Make sure this item is UNticked

Vote:

Ask a Question