Taskbar toolbars - how to get them back? Windows 11 Taskbar sucks!

denjmay22

Reaction score
New Windows 11 blocks installation of Winaero Tweaker portable.

I found this works great to add anything to the taskbar in Windows 11.

and I found Winaero Tweaker works well for Windows 11 too.;

coover

Reaction score
Thankfully, Windows Insider Preview builds now include a "Taskbar Overflow", which allows Users to place as many objects on the taskbar as they wish. When the taskbar fills to capacity, click on the 3 dot Icon and the rest of the objects appear above the taskbar. NO, the taskbar (at this time on the Preview builds) cannot be moved to the top or side of the screen, but, I'd guess, that is coming!

akriti

Reaction score
We can still personalize the taskbar by aligning the start button to left as that with the older version.

Mati

Reaction score
In Windows 10, I used to have the Desktop toolbar on the taskbar. I used it to run items on the desktop whose icons were hidden by open windows. This needed one click on the arrowhead to open the desktop list and another click on the desired item. This is not supported by Win11. I can more or less restore the same ease of use with one more click. Here is what I do. This may not be the shortest way to achieve the result, but it works for me.
1. Create a new folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, named for instance "MyStuff". You need to have administrator rights.
2. Put in MyStuff links to whatever you want to run on demand.
3. Open the Start menu (by clicking on the Windows icon on the left end of the taskbar.
4. In the search box on top of the Start menu, type the name of the first link.
5. Where the link is listed as a result of the search, right click on it and select "Pin to Start".
6. Repeat for the other required links.

You may now run any item mentioned in MyStuff by opening the Start menu and clicking on the appropriate icon.

alan sh

Reaction score
In Windows 10, I used to have the Desktop toolbar on the taskbar. I used it to run items on the desktop whose icons were hidden by open windows. This needed one click on the arrowhead to open the desktop list and another click on the desired item. This is not supported by Win11. I can more or less restore the same ease of use with one more click. Here is what I do. This may not be the shortest way to achieve the result, but it works for me.
1. Create a new folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, named for instance "MyStuff". You need to have administrator rights.
2. Put in MyStuff links to whatever you want to run on demand.
3. Open the Start menu (by clicking on the Windows icon on the left end of the taskbar.
4. In the search box on top of the Start menu, type the name of the first link.
5. Where the link is listed as a result of the search, right click on it and select "Pin to Start".
6. Repeat for the other required links.

You may now run any item mentioned in MyStuff by opening the Start menu and clicking on the appropriate icon.

But Explorer Patcher can do that easily - just right click the task bar once it's installed and click on toolbars - Desktop.

denjmay22

Reaction score
How to show Desktop in Taskbar:

1. Create a new shortcut by right clicking an empty area of the Desktop -> New -> Shortcut. Use the following command as its target:
explorer.exe shell:::{3080F90D-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}
2. Name your shortcut as "Show Desktop"
3. In the shortcut's properties, set its icon from C:\Windows\Explorer.exe:
4. Drag the new shortcut into the Taskbar

Falcon

Reaction score
ExplorerPatcher will replace the windows 11 taskbar with Windows 10 Style Taskbar. Toolbars can then be added the same way as Windows 10 :)
Can we trust Explorer Patcher is safe to download and install?!!

MikeHawthorne

Reaction score
You can also take a look at Rocket Dock, I've used it for many years. It is an independent taskbar that you can place wherever you want on the desktop, adjust the size, and whatever.

You can put anything you want on it, I have mine divided into areas, Games on the right, middle graphic arts software, (things like Photoshop), and then Windows components, including the old control panel which I find much easier than the Windows 11 menus.
You can also place folders on it for one-click opening.

https://rocketdock.en.softonic.com/...g05dV12A5YtxoHgUie24mvFvVo_FuxBIaAqEHEALw_wcB

One quick install and it takes care of everything. As I said, I've used it for many years. Everything opens with a single click.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I dont know why some ppl wanted older taskbar styles even using W11? .. better stick to W10 and disable updates & dont goto W11 if youre not comfortable .. Microsoft will not support W10 after January 30th anyway .. stay old folks :D

does my screen looks stylish?

1674482901085.png

MikeHawthorne

Reaction score
Install Rocket Dock, a stand-alone taskbar that will let you put anything you want on it, and it's completely customizable.
I've used it since Windows 7 and I couldn't be without it.

Ask a Question