The media is write protected.

kittensinurface

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your help. I have a PC, and a NAS. The NAS has a file, when I try to use that file in a program, it says "The media is write protected." I am an admin Win user, and when right click > properties > security, it says I have write permission. When I copy file from NAS to PC local disk, it still says "The media is write protected."

davehc

Reaction score
OK. see if this third party hack will work for you. It has served me well fo several years!

Attachments

• Add Take Ownership to Context menu.reg
    824 bytes · Views: 4

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
I hesitated to reply, because of your unpolished preceding answer. I further do not exactly know, how a NAS works compared to a normal external dive. But if it also has a hidden "System Volume Information" folder, like other external drives, I'd try to clear that one first.
At your own risk ! (I don't know what else is on your NAS).

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
NAS is similar to HDD's .. the only thing differs that it runs over a network, hope TT could provide accurate info upon every single your questions is answered so that we can get the issue solved.I would suggest my own method, and I take your method as well;

1692784532586.png

You are wrong ! as there are extra steps to be done to confirm FULL ACCESS, please refer my tutorial vide below follow each & every step I did to the folder that you want to access;

Hoping your answer / result :)

Vote:

Ask a Question