Tile App being flagged as Virus

hilfordjames

Reaction score
Tile App is being flagged by Windows 11 Pro as a potential virus, and yet nothing can be done to prevent this error showing.TileVirus.jpg

RogerOver

Reaction score
Remove the app ! You can always dowload it again afterwards !
The best way I know is to use "sys_minion64" from Stefano Bordoni: https://www.stefanobordoni.cloud/projects/sys_minion/
After download, open the app and find '"Installed Apps" and click on "Let's start it" (see MY screenshot; you probably may identify the app by it's number on YOUR screenshot). You will see a lot of apps you never use. Just remove them also (the apps that are risky to remove arent even shown in Stefano Bordonis list; ... except perhaps Microsoft Edge). Be careful however with the apps without name (just numbers), except for the one with avirus. For the line just below the yellow line on my screenshot "Provisoned apps" be even a bit more careful.
Take a screenshot of all apps before deleting them, then you can always restore them via Mircosoft Store, in case there is really a problem.

Capture.PNG

Another way is to use geek: https://geekuninstaller.com/download
Go to "See" (or something similar, my PC is in French) in the menu above and chose "Windows Store Apps". Then remove the app you do not want ! But be more carefull with "geek" than with "sys_minion". For instance do not remove the first two "App Installer" entries.

Last edited:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
There are no stock / pre-installed tile application in the list, maybe you have installed from Microsoft Store which is being flagged as potential risk ..

1686242298647.png

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Additionally, I also removed permanently below apps yesterday which is space hogging and I don't use the .. which costs about 205MB 🤭

1686242534660.png

Ask a Question