Create a shortcut from an app in the startmenu

Thor

Reaction score
My minecraft desktop shortcut keeps losing its icon, I think it is everytime the game gets an update and that is relatively often, so it leaves me with a blank white icon.

I thought "okay I will delete the shortcut and just create a new one, surely that will ensure I get the right icon". So i deleted the shortcut, opened the start menu thinking I could just either 'drag and drop' or right click and 'create shortcut'/'send to desktop', but I can't do either.

Is there a way to get the app from the start menu to the desktop? and if not, WHY!? Is it just microsoft trying to force people to use the startmenu?

RogerOver

Reaction score
Just leftclick on the minecraft entry in the list view or the icon view of the start menu, hold the left mouse button down an drag the entry to the desktop. It will change to a shortcut with icon.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
When I have an issue with a shortcut which frequently can happen if a program is uninstalled or moved, I right-click it and go to Properties. Then I look at the Path/Target to its .exe/Executable file, the one that runs the program. Then I click the Change icon and if there's more than one available can pick what I want. My Edge [default install]:

1686000071177.png

Vote:

Mati

Reaction score
My minecraft desktop shortcut keeps losing its icon, I think it is everytime the game gets an update and that is relatively often, so it leaves me with a blank white icon.

I thought "okay I will delete the shortcut and just create a new one, surely that will ensure I get the right icon". So i deleted the shortcut, opened the start menu thinking I could just either 'drag and drop' or right click and 'create shortcut'/'send to desktop', but I can't do either.

Is there a way to get the app from the start menu to the desktop? and if not, WHY!? Is it just microsoft trying to force people to use the startmenu?
In the Start menu, right-click on your application and select "Open file location". When the corresponding folder opens, right-click on the application and select "Send to > Desktop".

Vote:

Ask a Question