Upgrading to Windows 11

lostsoul70

Reaction score
(The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11). My computer is about 10 years old but it is a quad processor with 8 gigs of RAM. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 and if I can how?

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I'm sorry, forgot to inform that the above methos I gave is not UPGRADE but FRESH INSTALL .. please make sure to backup important files before proceeding ..

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
I have a laptop with a quad-core i3 M330 and 8GB RAM that I wanted to try Windows 11 on. I took the ISO (either downloaded or created with the MCT) and used RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive. Rufus can remove most of the restrictions (TPM, old CPU etc) in order to install Windows 11 on unsupported Hardware.

Try it, it works

Screenshot 2024-02-13 173257.jpg

Last edited:

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I have a laptop with a quad-core i3 M330 and 8GB RAM that I wanted to try Windows 11 on. I took the ISO (either downloaded or created with the MCT) and used RUFUS to create a bootable flash drive. Rufus can remove most of the restrictions (TPM, old CPU etc) in order to install Windows 11 on unsupported Hardware.

Try it, it works

View attachment 1598

Same as mine .. the 1st Gen i3 CPU :D

1707873618890.png

Vote:

Bastet

Reaction score
(The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11). My computer is about 10 years old but it is a quad processor with 8 gigs of RAM. Can I upgrade to Windows 11 and if I can how?
Some suggestions here:
I used the appraiserres.dll fix.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Some suggestions here:
I used the appraiserres.dll fix.
I did it on 2 Notebooks, no issue even after Patch Tuesday updates.

Vote:

Bastet

Reaction score
Yep, no problems for me either. 24H2 may be different though as it’ll require further checks in order to install.

Vote:

Ask a Question