Wifi not auto-connecting

aHumanError

Reaction score
Hi there.

So like the title says (annoyingly) the wifi on my laptop fails to connect automatically, and I have to manually connect once I log in as the failer rate is 100%. Some of the things I've tried are:
  • Removing and re-adding the router
  • Check any updates (Windows/Drivers)
  • Reinstalling the drivers
  • sfc /scannow
This has worked no problems before, but it stopped working after I reinstalled Windows to set up a dual boot with Ubuntu which all works fine. But it's bothered me enough to reinstall Windows again as I thought something might not have installed or set up correctly, but alas it made no difference and the same issue remains.

It can't be a problem with the Wifi itself because Ubuntu has no such issues in auto connecting and does it before I even log in. Once I manually connect via Windows there doesn't seem to be any issues, it doesn't disconnect or drop and seems solid. I'm currently out of ideas.

The Wifi on my laptop is Intel Wireless AC 9560, and I have Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.2861).

Ask a Question