Windows 11, keyboard and window issues.

afgranite

Reaction score
So I waited until I was prompted to update to Windows 11 last week instead of jumping the gun to avoid issues. Boy was I wrong. It sucks!

To start, I have a Lenovo Yoga 920, 8th gen i7, 8gb ram. I pretty much use it for all college and general shopping purposes, sometimes excel depending on the situation, but excel will ramp up more and so will some ERP systems such as Tableau, UiPath, StudioX, SAP, etc upon the start of my new internship.

Ever since I updated when typing in Outlook within my browser (I use firefox, working to switch to Opera), I have to press space, or any given letter 3-10 times for it to type once. Sometimes the app acts like I hit delete instead of backspace or it'll simply archive the email in the middle of typing. Super obnoxious.

Another issue is that scrolling sometimes stops, and generally speaking, windows close and open significantly slower. I ran several scans, no issues found. I also have issues with being unable to close windows, I go to the top to close them and the minimize or close button don't highlight and I cannot tap or click on them. Another variation of this is that if I have a window open behind my browser, and there is a button within the website (let's say clearpass for my college's wifi), if I try to click on the button in the browser, the entire window deselects and I cannot click on anything within the website unless I make the entire window smaller.

Super Weird, driving me INSANE! I am in Isolation due to a mild Omicron/COVID infection and I am trying to get work done for classes ahead of time, and I am relying on this machine so I can attend classes virtually. I have a very important internship coming up this summer and I cannot have my laptop behave like this. This internship is at a very large financial investment institution, and tons of typos along with slow programs are a huge no no.

I love this computer and it is in excellent shape. Its my baby and I'll honestly stick with Lenovo for now on. My last laptop (cheapie Lenovo Flex 4) was a fantastic laptop for high school and seldom gave me issues. The body was beat up by the time I was done with it, so the trackpad didn't "click" well anymore due to a crack incurred from me traveling around so much in high school, and I never got around to it but the screen was always a touch too lose. No big deal though. Now that I have the all metal body and I don't beat up on my laptop as much anymore, physically speaking, my current laptop is flawless. Either way, I never had this type of software issue until I updated to W11. The email could just be the outlook extensions that my college uses. They add so much crap that it sometimes interferes with itself, but the other stuff is really messing with overall functionality and ability to complete tasks.

Ask a Question