Windows 11 Professional X-Lite Micro Edition (23H2)

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
XM,
Thank you. I got it! I'm always looking for something new to play with. It's my hobby.
And that new OS made me a nice Christmas present. I've never downloaded a new OS that went that fast, compressed with 7Zip too! And the downloaded file even included a copy of Rufus 4.x So that made burning the ISO file to a Flash Drive just that much faster. So far, no negatives. Although, I'm sure someone (old grouch) will find some.
Check out the attachments!
Shadow :cool:
First pic=my XLite Desktop
2nd pic=System screen (it's Activated)

Attachments

• XLite Desk.jpg
    XLite Desk.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 4
  • XLite-Activated.jpg
    XLite-Activated.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 5

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I'm still tweaking, tuning and polishing my install of Micro 11. It's just what I do, with every new OS install,
and not because there was anything wrong with Micro 11.
OH, and it self activated too, with a Digital License. Gotta love it!

In fact, this is my first Forum post on Micro 11, using Firefox for my Internet Connection. And everything is working AOK.

Thank you, Exploit Machine! This has been a neat Christmas Present.

Happy New Year,

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
On the Download site, they give a list of the things that were eliminated to make it smaller.
Besides a lot of MS BS and Bloatware, they took out some fonts. That explains why I couldn't find the font Georgia, which I like for my email. No Problem, I just use Times New Roman. :sneaky:(y)

That reminds me of 'Old Typewriter' font.

I've kept the wallpaper that the OS came with. It reminds me of Florida, 10000 BC. Just big sand dunes.
I live atop of a 65' high sand dune. It's flattened out some, but it's still 65' deep.

yodap

Reaction score
On the Download site, they give a list of the things that were eliminated to make it smaller.
Besides a lot of MS BS and Bloatware, they took out some fonts. That explains why I couldn't find the font Georgia, which I like for my email. No Problem, I just use Times New Roman. :sneaky:(y)

That reminds me of 'Old Typewriter' font.

I've kept the wallpaper that the OS came with. It reminds me of Florida, 10000 BC. Just big sand dunes.
I live atop of a 65' high sand dune. It's flattened out some, but it's still 65' deep.
Trying this now and so far so good. Print screen isn’t working for me so looking for alternative.
3.75 Gb C partition. :)

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
"what you talkin' about Willis?"

Are you talkin' about the Print Screen key on your PC keyboard? Mine works just fine!
I use it a lot, in conjunction with "Photo Filtre" to capture screen shots and then print them out.
It works as good on Micro 11 as any other Windows. I just tested it, to make sure.

The only thing that bothers me about Micro 11 is the several second long Black Screen that I see right after the little blue Window logo screen, and before the Welcome screen. I've never seen any other version of Windows do that.

But once Micro 11 gets booted up, it runs good.

Last edited:

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
I run a limited number of programs, a lot of them pretty old, but so far Micro 11 has run every program I've installed into it, with narry a problem. I could easily run Micro 11 as my every day OS, if that ever was required.

Here's wishing Y'all a very safe, healthy and prosperous 2024.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
In my continuing quest for knowledge, I've been poking around in Micro 11.
Today I've discovered that the Prefetch function has been disabled. That is just one more thing that I've done in the past, on regular Windows 11.
The key is the "SysMain" service. On Micro 11, I've found that service to be "Disabled".

Recently, I read something, that said that disabling Prefetch can be beneficial to an SSD.
There were no details. So, I'm wondering if anyone here has any information on that.
I do know that Prefetch can add a lot of extra data Writes to an SSD, and the life of an SSD is based on just how many times it's been written to. So, minimizing Data Writes, can only help to extend the life of an SSD. Eh?

Here's wishing Y'all a very good 2024.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
X-Lite has released it's latest ver of Win-11, called, "Optimum 11/Pro/64 V5.

I have V3 installed on an SSD on this very PC (not running it right now) and I've downloaded V4, but I do not have it installed permanently anywhere. V3 runs real good!

Two days ago, I was perusing the X-Lite web site and I noted that they had just released Optimum 11 V5, so I downloaded it, burned it to a Flash Drive, all in less than a half hour.
I've now installed it onto a brand new Crucial 250GB SSD, and it's running GREAT! The biggest thing I've noted about it, is how very FAST it is. The installation took only about 10 minutes.

Minus MS BS is COOL!!!

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Windows 11 Compact + Lite 23H2 22631.3296 ISO Build 2024 with Activation

Build released
: March 20, 2024
Version: Windows Compact 11 64 bit 23H2 22631.3296
Activation: Via desktop utility
Language: English with the ability to install any other
Build size: 4.6 GB

What has been removed in the compact build:

I have already written above that the versions are different and therefore I decided to make this list separately so that you can clearly understand what awaits you after all the manipulations of writing and installation, let's get started​
  • All system applications will be missing, including those related to standard Windows products​
  • Removed Defender, which often interferes with normal operation, forcing it to temporarily disable or make exceptions each time. Smartscreen is disabled, and you can safely navigate through resources downloading the files you need​
  • Print Manager is disabled by default, but there's no stopping you from going to services and just turning it back on. Milestones don't have a printer, so this decision was made​
  • Built-in cloud service, aka OneDrive. If you need it for some unknown reason, you can get it back through a utility on your desktop, aka Ghost Toolbox.​
  • Notifications that occur when contacting UAC are disabled, no one will ask you again, you can launch everything you want instantly.​
  • WinSxS - more free space, and if you need a backup, you can use software like Acronis - it copes with its tasks much better​

What's removed in the super easy edition:​
  • The tablet keyboard is disabled, contactless payment does not work, the clipboard will not be saved, and the focus mode is disabled.​
  • All notifications are disabled, as is the Action Center​
  • All telemetry is completely blocked​
  • If errors occur, no reports will be collected or transmitted​

You probably have a logical question, well, why all two editions, because I am proposed to install as many as six and there is a simple answer to this. Look, the Compcat and SUPERLITE editions are simple and with a postscript + DEF - so this DEF means the presence of Windows Defender, in short, if you need a defender, then choose it. Then there is a version I can't call the difference critical, but there are some advantages. SUPERLITE SE with and without a defender and it is no different from the simple SUPERLITE - only the redesigned Start menu we get as in Windows 7 - so if you are interested, I advise you to install it without a defender, everything unnecessary is disabled, optimization is performed, the installation process itself is much more convenient and faster, printing with pens is enabled if desired.
Cortana​
Removed in super easy, search works​
Windows Defender​
Removed, there are versions marked DEF where it is present​
Activating the Operating System​
After the start of the desktop, launch Ghost Toolbox - 4​
Optimization​
Done, super light version is suitable for gaming and streaming​
Standard Applications​
Removed​
Windows Shop​
Removed in SuperLite - can be reverted via utility​
Typography​
Wallpaper in 4K, dark design​

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Lite is actually an early effort. Then came, Micro, then ver 3, then ver 4 and now Ver 5 is available.
As I sit here, it's only a few days old. ???Will there ever be a V6???

I've written a few programs myself, so I know how it goes with Versions. About a year ago, I wrote my Win11Cleanup.bat program which is still a work in progress. It's now running in many states and five countries.

My own latest install from X-Lite, was V5 and I really like it. It tolerates my own tweaking and tuning as well as any version of Windows ever did. Installing the Open Shell is almost a necessity. And, it self activated with NO input from me.

This afternoon, I installed my Epson XP-440, with only a very minor glitch. I had to go into 'Services.msc' and turn on all the printer services. Now the printer works Great!

It installs in ten minutes, or less, depending on the speed of your PC. Mine is OLD, so it does take ten minutes.
Then it activated. And it got the latest drivers for my NVIDEA GeForce 210 video card. Now that it's all done updating, I'll shut off MS Updates, so they don't mess up my OS. "StopUpdates10.exe" does a great job of stopping updates for as long as you wish, with the option to turn them back ON, any time you wish.

Cheers Mates

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
The Very latest from X-Lite:
It's 24H2 and it downloads, installs and runs FAST!!!
Only drawback is that it will only boot up on a PC with Instruction set SSE4.2 in the CPU.
That knocks out millions of PC's, world wide. Fortunately, all my main PC's have that instruction set in the AMD cpu.

Just like the guys at X-Lite got rid of the necessity for TPM and some other MS BS, I'm hoping they will get rid of the necessity for the SSE4.2 instruction set. I've written them about that. Rumor has it that a 24H2 V2 is in the offing.
Most PC users in the world, like me, can't afford to go out and buy a new PC every time MS decides to throw another twist in the game.

Cheers Mates!

Last edited:

Ask a Question