Can Windows change video settings?

kittensinurface

Reaction score
Windows 11 laptop HP 17t-cn300 newly bought. How do I change the contrast, hue, other advanced video settings? I am in Settings > Display, and it has night / red shift, brightness, but I do not see advanced settings such as contrast, hue. The brightness is on max, but I cannot see much on the screen due to this problem. Thank you.

Grizzly

Reaction score
I have the slightly more powerful version of your laptop and there is nothing else than what is in the settings. I have looked on the Intel website for an app but was not successful. However, my screen is extremely bright, so bright that I have to turn it down to 50%. (Its a 4K display)
Latest driver for the Iris XE graphics are here:

BTW: I just installed the latest driver and the Intel ARC control center seems to have what you are looking for:

2023-10-30_175748.jpg

Grizzly

Reaction score
Another thing to be considered: Is your backlight turned down by chance? Look on your keyboard on the F-keys if there is a way to make the screen brighter. On my laptop it is the F2 and F3 key.

Attachments

• 2023-10-31_084253.jpg
    2023-10-31_084253.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
By default in Windows per screenshot below .. and most display chipset vendors (eg.Intel, nVIDIA) pre-install their tuning software which can be found also in the Control Panel section.

It is not recommended to bypass standard calibration because it can harm the display itself for a longer period of use, so think twice before adjusting the contrast & brightness into more vivid settings .. :)

1698766062323.png

Ask a Question