Has the latest version of windows 11 changed how in 'This PC' looks?

james_uk

Reaction score
Since the last update, i feel like when i go into 'this pc' it only shows my c: drive and i am pretty sure it used to show all the big icons of the likes of pictures, videos, my documents etc prior

Has this been changes does anyone know or may i have changed something and not realised?

Them icons are there but smaller on the left, but i would rather they were as they were before.

Can anyone help at all, please?

This is how mine looks now:
1666390697454.png

Regards

James

Negonsie

Reaction score
Since the last update, i feel like when i go into 'this pc' it only shows my c: drive and i am pretty sure it used to show all the big icons of the likes of pictures, videos, my documents etc prior

Has this been changes does anyone know or may i have changed something and not realised?

Them icons are there but smaller on the left, but i would rather they were as they were before.

Can anyone help at all, please?

This is how mine looks now:
View attachment 736

Regards

James
Mine looks exactly the same too. I wonder what that is all about. I used to see the quick access where now there's a "Home" icon. We'd appreciate if some experienced members can enlighten us.

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
It’a all customisable in the view and options at the top.
I’m on my mobile right now. If no other help, I’ get back to you
tomorrow

Vote:

davehc

Reaction score
Hi again
1. Icon size in the (on the left) navigational panel. There is no infinite resizable option, but you can make them one size bigger, which I think will put them back to more of what you are accustomed to. : Click "View" on the top bar. Scroll down and (in your case) UNtick the "compact view."
2. Pictures etc - again, Click "view" . there you can select how you wish to see the folder contents : Large Icons or small, list only --experiment until you find what you need,
3. Quick access: Click the three dots on the top bar. Select Options. The top item is how you wish the explorer to open. Choose "Home" and see if that satisfies you
Again, click the three dots (ellipsis) icon in the top bar of File Explorer, then select Options. In the small Folder Options select the the General tab, you should see that the Open File Explorer to: drop-down menu is set to Quick access. Click the menu and change the entry back to "This PC.

Vote:

Ask a Question