Windows 11 Start Menu not working.

Nightcruz

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues where the Start Menu is doing absolutely nothing. Click on it...........Nothing.
Is there a fix. Right clicking brings up like a settings menu etc. And that's it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That sounds like something a lot of us became familiar with in the early days of Windows 10, which generally involved some sort of profile corruption.
Have you tried adding a new local user as a member of the local administrators group and logging into that account to see if everything works as expected?

Vote:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I guess, since being a reasonably early release, there will still be bugs
I expect so, although I have two instances of the OS installed in two different environments and am not experiencing anything like what you are describing.

I would suggest trying to boot into Safe Mode, then Safe Mode with Networking, and then I would attempt a Clean Boot

Additionally I would also again, recommend creating a new local user as a member of the local administrators group.
I remember early on in the development of Windows 10, that the built in "Administrator" account exhibited some odd issues
not all of which come to mind but I remember it producing some errors one would not typically associate with a well behaving, normal account.

Vote:

BilleB74

Reaction score
The 1st thing I did was install OpenShellSetup_4_4_160.exe and never look back
I prefer the old windows 7 menus, but still can use windows 11

Vote:

Ask a Question