Windows Weather app notifications showing wrong city, location is on, home city set.

asully102

Reaction score
The weather app notifications continuously show the city "Washington" instead of "Home Town". In the Windows Weather app, I have set "Home Town" as my default location, and ensured that location services in Windows is turned on for Weather. Looking around online I saw some posts saying to check MSN or Edge. Firefox is my default browser, but when I open Edge, it does show "Home Town", same as MSN on both Edge and Firefox.

On the Weather app, under Launch Location in Settings > General, I have it set for "Always detect my location".

Any idea how I can get the notifications to show my actual location?

Thank you.

Bighorn

Reaction score
In the upper right is a Search box, I hadn't use it but saw what you see, typed my city in that box and got it changed. Then beside Washington I clicked the 3 vertical dots and removed that city.

1700576876085.png

1700577005748.png

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
I don't the system will show "accurate" location for weather information, since the satellite captures wide area situations and updates the weather widget. It is not like Whatsapp or GPS Driving application to show "exact" location .. similar to mine, the weather widget will show 2 nearest city for updates since those 2 cities are just within 5 kilometres away ..but I am in Shah Alam ..

:)

1700624803580.png

Vote:

Ask a Question