Wireless mouse

Amadeus51

Reaction score
As of this morning, my desktop will not recognize any of the three wireless mouses I have tried to use. The computer is on, the screen lights up, but there is no cursor. All the devices seem to be working. The one I had on the computer worked yesterday. Any suggestions what I might be able to do? I have restarted the desktop twice.

Bighorn

Reaction score
There is always power to modern computers and shutting down using Windows doesn't always turn that power fully off. When I see similar problems I pull the power cord out on Desktops and on Notebooks pull the AC adapter out and remove the big battery. Doing this 'Normalizes' things. Then try again.

Amadeus51

Reaction score
As of this morning, my desktop will not recognize any of the three wireless mouses I have tried to use. The computer is on, the screen lights up, but there is no cursor. All the devices seem to be working. The one I had on the computer worked yesterday. Any suggestions what I might be able to do? I have restarted the desktop twice.
Update: I installed a wired mouse, which does work, but won't scroll.

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
USB Wireless Mouse;

- Try swap the receiver to another available port
- Check & replace battery if needed
- Check the Power Settings under Control Panel as below screenshot (Set both DISABLED if desktop PC, for Laptop, follow below)

1707759153429.png

Amadeus51

Reaction score
I did shift the clip that comes with each mouse to a different port,that had no effect. Put a new battery in the original mouse that worked yesterday. Will try the third option.

Amadeus51

Reaction score
Okay, I figured it out. The wireless mouse was plugged in a multiple USB port that also contained two flash drives. When I was looking at my selection of files, I noticed two of the flash drives missing. Unplugging the multiport and replugging it restored the mouse. That
s for trying to help this poor stupid non-geek.

Ask a Question