AMD Adrenalin 22.3.1

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
the latest version of AMD adrenalin 22.3.1 has been released and it comes with fsr 2.0 designed for rx graphics cards and yes you guest it win 11 wouldn't let it install ( you get either a black screen or dll errors and statement windows repair cannot fix this on reboot ) instead it loads an old driver for your card ? sound familiar win 11 did this at first install seems no-one has fixed this error ?
however on my 6th attempt to install adrenalin it finally installed but is very laggy / jumpy ?? never had these issues in win 10

Andrew2

Reaction score
Hi, I just installed the new AMD drivers on my Windows 11 machine, and they installed without issue. I'm running an AMD Radeon VII

Perhaps I'm missing something?

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
since posting issues with adrenalin 22.3.1 and win 11 i have installed this version of adrenalin on two older AMD PCs i own and both installed without issue but my gaming PC runs the rx vaga 8gb graphics card and i still get issues occasionally with dll file errors and a black screen and the reversion to an old driver that first was issued with the card ???? win 11 is so buggy

nocturnalpage52

Reaction score
hi all adrenalin 22.3.2 has been released brilliant
now i will get to my rant downloaded adrenalin as normal all good - at install NO is highlighted ? so you click YES you want to install this software after all you wouldn't of downloaded it would you ? ( note it passed my security software checks ) now comes the kicker you are taken to a screen which states install windows drivers for your device ? what the F--- hang on ! you have the latest drivers you have just downloaded them now win 11 wants you to install windows drivers for the graphics card ? which by the way are old drivers? at this point you click NO and the install of the new driver starts this time there were no other issues both pc and games run normally

questions
(1) why are all these checks built into and required win 11 - when they were not required win 10
(2) I had the similar issues when updating my sound blaster drivers after win 11 install resulted in no sound

vynski

Reaction score
I have had Adrenalin 22.3.1 and everything since installed on my laptop and 2 desktops without any issues what-so-ever. Just installed 22.5.1 a few days ago. I have a dedicated video card in the laptop Radeon 5500M. My desktops are Radeon RX 480X and 5700XT. There have been considerable updates since 22.3.1. I update those drivers frequently and haven't had issues.

Ask a Question