An issue while trying connecting to my MS professional account

T

Taoufik989

I've been encountering this issue for weeks, though I enter my email and password but this message continuously shows up. Please I need help.
Apology for those not understanding French
Capture d’écran 2022-06-24 134114.png

Bastet

Reaction score
You’ve set up 2 factor authentication so it is asking you to approve the log in via the Microsoft Authenticator app. Do you still have the app on your phone? Is there an option in that page to choose another authentication method - say text or recovery email?

T

Taoufik989

You’ve set up 2 factor authentication so it is asking you to approve the log in via the Microsoft Authenticator app. Do you still have the app on your phone? Is there an option in that page to choose another authentication method - say text or recovery email?
I still have MS Authenticator connected with my professional account on my phone, but when I choose "use verification code" from the web version it is not sent. In addition, that page has no other options like text or recovery email.

Bastet

Reaction score
To be clear: You sign in & are asked to confirm this via the Authenticator app, you open this & there’s no ‘Approve/Deny’ button?
Has this ever worked?
Did you save the backup codes from when you set up 2FA?

T

Taoufik989

To be clear: You sign in & are asked to confirm this via the Authenticator app, you open this & there’s no ‘Approve/Deny’ button?
Has this ever worked?
Did you save the backup codes from when you set up 2FA?
No it hasn't. Besides, the huge mistake is that I didn't save the backup codes then. I just wanna let you know that my MS professional account is the one I've created in order to subscribe to Office 365 and it has a few of my personal information.

Bastet

Reaction score
Usually when you set up 2FA you have to enter the code the authenticator app shows in order to continue with the setup.
Is the MS Account used for the Authenticator app the same business account you’re wishing to authenticate? If not then you’d need to add this to the app. However I suspect this may not work but is worth trying.
Does a code show under the MS account within the Authenticator app? If so then choose use a verification code’ & enter the 6 digit code shown in the app.
If you have added the business account but the approval doesn’t show or the code doesn’t work then let me know.

T

Taoufik989

Usually when you set up 2FA you have to enter the code the authenticator app shows in order to continue with the setup.
Is the MS Account used for the Authenticator app the same business account you’re wishing to authenticate? If not then you’d need to add this to the app. However I suspect this may not work but is worth trying.
Does a code show under the MS account within the Authenticator app? If so then choose use a verification code’ & enter the 6 digit code shown in the app.
If you have added the business account but the approval doesn’t show or the code doesn’t work then let me know.
The MS account for the Authenticator is the same business account I want to authenticate, but when I click on "use a verification code" option found in the web version, It is never sent to Authenticator app in my phone. I really tried so many ways to get the code but it doesn't work.

Bastet

Reaction score
When you open the Authenticator app you should see the account/s each with a 6 or 8 digit number, does this number not show when you click on the Microsoft entry?
Does the entry show you have Password sign in enabled?

T

Taoufik989

When you open the Authenticator app you should see the account/s each with a 6 or 8 digit number, does this number not show when you click on the Microsoft entry?
Does the entry show you have Password sign in enabled?
Sorry for the inconvenience but looks like this weird issue of mine is unsolvable.

Bastet

Reaction score
No problem. If you wish to continue the thread then please post back with the answers to my questions. I can provide screenshots of what you should be seeing if needed.

Ask a Question