Asus BIOS Corrupted

kittensinurface

Reaction score
Asus N56VZ 2012. Removed 1 BIOS boot entry, and then after rebooting, it is always black screen, 100% black, nothing else for even 1 second. HDMI to external monitor is black too. No other recent changes or damage. I have tried removing battery, holding power button for 30 seconds. Downloaded BIOS EC update, extracted file, put onto MBR FAT32 32GB USB 3.0, had no effect. Manual is incomplete, it does not say where CMOS battery is, and I cannot find it, after removing entire laptop case. Manual does not have any specific instructions for BIOS Flash, as some brands have unusal instructions for that, I have seen.
Why can I not find the CMOS battery? I should not have to remove the entire motherboard to find it, that would not be a logical design. What are the next troubleshooting steps? Thank you everyone.

kittensinurface

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I made a mistake in posting this here, as this PC is too old to use Win11. How do I delete my own post?

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a real problem there. But what makes you say that your PC is too old for Win-11?
I'm running Win-11, here on a motherboard with a BIOS date of 2008.
The only stipulation I've seen so far is that the CPU has to be 64 bit capable.

My secret, which is no secret at all, is that I used Rufus (latest ver.) to burn the Win-11 ISO to a Flash Drive. During the process, Rufus removes all the MS BS from the ISO, as it burns it to the Flash Drive. Then Win-11 will install to just about anything.

Good Luck finding that CMOS battery. They can be illusive little buggers. Google it!

Shadow :cool:

Ask a Question