Asus Studiobook 16 H7604JI does it matter if ram is dual or not these days?

james_uk

Reaction score
Hi, I am thinking of getting this laptop, basic specs are

Intel i9-13980HX, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11​

From what i can find on this laptop, it seems like it's 1 ram stick. Does ram being dual not really make much odds these days? I haven't bought a new laptop for a while, so not sure if it still matters as such.
If they are still better in dual mode, it's odd they would opt to create a pretty expensive laptop with just single stick if it would be faster with 2 x 16gb.

I also wondered if anhyone knows this laptop is pretty quiet? if its in balanced mode and I am just browsing the net, or doing general work, would it be very low noise?
Thanks
James

Bighorn

Reaction score
Computers are pretty fast and I have run single-channel memory with only 1 RAM module installed and I have run dual-channel with 2 RAM modules. For what I do the dual-channel did appear to help. But then I'm not a gamer or big-time graphics editor.

As for noise, low is good, high could indicate other issues and depends upon the type of cooling installed. Notebooks/Laptops are limited in that can be inside the case, newer ones with NVMe or SSD drives [no moving parts] will be quieter than those with HDDs.

Last edited:

Vote:

Grizzly

Reaction score
I just opened my laptop to make sure I fan cooling fans in it because I never heard them running. I actually have two fans the cool the heat pipe of the CPU and GPU. My current configuration is:
HP ENVY i7-1260P
Windows 11 pro
32GB RAM
WD770 NVMe 2 TB
Intel Iris XE Graphics 4K

Since I do not have basically any moving parts (except the fans), the noise level is at an absolute minimum (--> towards ZERO)

With what you will do with that Laptop, I'd say you will never hear them running.

Vote:

Ask a Question