Backup your user profile with SuperGrate

RogerOver

Reaction score
When your user profile gets corrupted, this is often a nightmare and you end up with a clean install !

Now I fell on Supergrate and tested it. No installation, you only need to run the downloaded exe file and know your Computer's name to put into the "source" = first field (look into Settings\System\Information if you don't know the name) and click on "List source". You will find all your user profiles. Select the one you want to backup and (important) put the same computer name in the "destination" = second field (except if you want to backup your profile to another computer). The backup takes some time (45 minutes in my case), the backup file (txt file) is in a folder called "store" in the same folder where you put the Supergrate.exe file. It's a text file. During the backup process the software will download USMT (and uninstall it, when finished). It backs up everything: Files, Media, Contacts, Emails, Windows Settings, Program Data & Internet Settings

You can also transfer the whole profile to another computer, delete your profile and even rename your profile (not tested). Detailed instruction can be found here.

I didn't test the software the other way round (restore a profile), but I feel it is a great relief to be able to backup your complete user profile.

Ask a Question