Bluetooth

cosmic52

Reaction score
If I had bluetooth on my desktop before updating to win10, why isn't it still there?.

Grizzly

Reaction score
What were you updating from??
You may have an incompatible driver that Windows 10 does not like. A little more info about your computer would be very helpful, especially about your bluetooth device (Brand/ Model etc)

Right now your guess is as good as ours.......

Maybe this is a question for the windows10forums as well since you said you upgraded to Windows 10?

Bighorn

Reaction score
If I had bluetooth on my desktop before updating to win10, why isn't it still there?.
I use Bluetooth mice on a few Notebooks with Win10 and Win11, having no issues with them. But we don't know anything about your computer, nothing in your System Specs under Profile.

Usually Bluetooth will be part of the Wireless Adapter, common on Notebooks and becoming more common on Desktops. I also have both Ethernet and Wireless with Bluetooth on my Dell and HP Desktops.

cosmic52

Reaction score
Sorry Bighorn, it should have read updating to Win11. I went to try my bluetooth mouse on my desktop, but all it kept saying was turn on bluetooth, but I can't find a way to turn it on.

davehc

Reaction score
Right click the start icon- settings- Blutooth and devices- Turn on

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Please make sure these services are running .. goto Settings and turn on Bluetooth from there ..

1699452045732.png

Bighorn

Reaction score
I have no bluetooth icon at all on the taskbar, it a's gone.
Right-click the Taskbar, go to Taskbar settings, go to the page shown here, if Bluetooth is available it should show and if working and On it should be in the Notification Area, may be hidden:

1699461632144.png
What mine looks like:

1699461788747.png

cosmic52

Reaction score
I've turned these on, but seconds later they are stopped again by something.Just done the taskbar settings and it's not showing. But before I updated to win11, it was there because I used a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. If it's gone it's gone I suppose.

Henk

Reaction score
I have no bluetooth icon at all on the taskbar, it's gone.
Sorry, but I read it as davehc asked you to click on the Settings icon and from there you will find the Bluetooth settings?
You will find the Settings icon from the Start Icon on the taskbar...

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Hope below guide helps .. :)
  1. Click 'Start'
  2. Click 'Settings' ...
  3. Click 'Bluetooth & devices'
  4. Click 'Devices'
  5. Scroll down, and click 'More Bluetooth settings'
  6. Under the 'Options' tab, place a check in the box next to 'Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area'
  7. Click 'OK' and restart Windows.

cosmic52

Reaction score
No matter where you say the start icon is unless it's meant to funny:unsure:..It's now states there is no bluetooth facility on this machine.

davehc

Reaction score
Can you gove ud the mifrl og uour mschinr plesse. Unless the chip had a sudden fault, there id no way it could duffenly lose the bluetooth.
Sre you certain you were not using a wireless mousr?

cosmic52

Reaction score
I had a bluetooth mouse on win10, but now I'm on a wired one. All it says is bluetooth isn't on this machine, unless microsoft is blocking it. I'll have a look later.

davehc

Reaction score
Can you gove ud the mifrl og uour mschinr plesse. Unless the chip had a sudden fault, there id no way it could duffenly lose the bluetooth.
Sre you certain you were not using a wireless mousr?
OMG. Mobile keyboard and old age again:censored:
Correction:
Can you give us the model of your machine please. Unless the chip had a sudden fault, there is no way it could suddenly lose the bluetooth.
Are you sure it was a bluetooth mouse and not a wireless?

davehc

Reaction score
It seems you are not alone.
A common recommended way is to turn off your computer entirely, including disconne ting from the main power. Wait 15. Minutes and restart. (Worth a try😉)

yodap

Reaction score
Still waiting on the make and model since post 2. C’mon cosmic52:p

Ask a Question