Edge stopped working

dona

Reaction score
Hi. Suddenly, Edge stopped working on my computer, it does not launch. Other browser are working as supposed. I managed to make Edge open by going on the link in the Taskbar, right click, Properties, Compatibility and run compatibility troubleshooter. Well, it starts now but no link will work. I can only make it show files and folders on my c: or d: but even this is not going well. I went in Settings, About Microsoft Edge and surprise : it shows this :

1691877424056.png
But for God's sake, I am running Windows 11 ! Can anybody explain this ? Or have a procedure to fix it ? I have tried EVERYTHING that I found on Google to fix Edge, nothing works. I am wondering if reinstalling a clean windows 11 would fix this or it will go on telling the above message. Thank you all.

Bighorn

Reaction score
Only thing that comes to mind is whether the computer is running a default install of Win11 or if it has been modified using one of the methods found on the Internet to bypass the System Requirements for installing Win11. The 2 main things is if the TPM/Trusted Platform Module is installed and the Generation level of the CPU. There's nothing in your System Specifications in your Profile about the computer. Right-click the Start/WinKey button then click the System item. Also press the Start button and R, type tpm.msc to check if that is installed, needs to be version 2.

Current version of Win11 [WinKey + R, type winver]:
1691880264487.png

Vote:

dona

Reaction score
1691882974873.png

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎2023-‎03-‎18
OS build 22621.2134
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Edge should be working fine with release 22H1, try Settings -> Apps -> Installed Apps then find Edge, Repair / Reset it and reboot computer to see if Edge works .. else;

Uninstall Edge via same step as above and re-install it again, please post result as we could move further troubleshooting if the problem persists. :)

My W11 version as per below and I'm on Version 115.0.1901.203 (Official build) (64-bit) as well

1691889292595.png

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Usually don't have much trouble. I have an HP Notebook with Win11, fully up-to-date as is Edge as of 3 days ago. Today I encountered an issue twice now with Edge and reading the News on the Widgets. I'll be reading an item and suddenly my Bluetooth mouse has quit, touchpad still good. Checking the Device Manager there is no entry for Bluetooth. Rebooting the computer brings things back to normal, kinda weird. Also on the Widget News had the R and L keyboard keys quit on one page, Up and Down still worked, went to a different page and keys were good. Will keep watching for the issue.

Vote:

dona

Reaction score
I have found the solution. As I already had this "feeling", I did a clean install of Windows 11 and BINGO ! Mr.Edge is new and functionning.
Of course, I have other problems, if not it would not be a Microsoft product ! But, with a lot of patience and the help of our good friend, Google, we fix them one by one. Or install a clean Windows 11 again. Thank you all for trying to help.

Vote:

Ask a Question