Error while installing Windows 11 22h2

ik8ozv

Reaction score
Greetings,
can you please give me an hand?
I'm trying to install Windows 11 on a Desktop as scratch , but at the first restart it gives me the error:

"Computer error or unexpected restart. Impossible continue installing Windows. To install
Windows, choose "OK" to restart your computer, then restart installation"

and immediately after about 5 seconds I get the blue screen that says:

"There was a problem and the device needs to restart.
Gathering information about the error in progress. At the end of the computer
will restart automatically."

with the count, which reached 100%, restart the PC entering in a loop.
The only difference is that the blue screen error is different on each reboot.
Please can anyone tell me how to solve to be able to install Windows 11 until the end?
Thank you
Enzo

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
are using original ISO from Microsoft or the 3rd party's modified ISO? .. as far as I know, the modified ISO will trigger unsupported hardwares at the end .. else remove and clean your add-on cards and memory modules, if you're using laptop make sure the tempreature is not getting high ..

Use original ISO ..

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
Greetings,
can you please give me an hand?
I'm trying to install Windows 11 on a Desktop as scratch , but at the first restart it gives me the error:

"Computer error or unexpected restart. Impossible continue installing Windows. To install
Windows, choose "OK" to restart your computer, then restart installation"

and immediately after about 5 seconds I get the blue screen that says:

"There was a problem and the device needs to restart.
Gathering information about the error in progress. At the end of the computer
will restart automatically."

with the count, which reached 100%, restart the PC entering in a loop.
The only difference is that the blue screen error is different on each reboot.
Please can anyone tell me how to solve to be able to install Windows 11 until the end?
Thank you
Enzo
When I've seen that it usually meant that Version 22H1 or the previous installation was corrupt in some manner or a third-party software was a problem and Version 22H2 wouldn't install. I'd run sfc /scannow as Admin to check for issues.

Vote:

ik8ozv

Reaction score
are using original ISO from Microsoft or the 3rd party's modified ISO? .. as far as I know, the modified ISO will trigger unsupported hardwares at the end .. else remove and clean your add-on cards and memory modules, if you're using laptop make sure the tempreature is not getting high ..

Use original ISO ..
Yes I am using the ISO downloaded from Microsoft with the Mediacreation tool. I am using a Desktop PC.
Thanks

Vote:

ik8ozv

Reaction score
When I've seen that it usually meant that Version 22H1 or the previous installation was corrupt in some manner or a third-party software was a problem and Version 22H2 wouldn't install. I'd run sfc /scannow as Admin to check for issues.
Please how to run sfc /scannow as Admin if the PC keeps booting up with the error? Also there is nothing installed on the PC has I could not arrive till the end of the installation.
Thanks

Last edited:

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
If Windows can't get to the login screen I've always had success in using the download of Microsoft's MCT/Media Creation Tool to get either the .iso file used to create the bootable DVD or create the bootable USB drive [both on a usable machine and created for use on a different machine] and either reinstall or clean install.

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
It is what I have done.
Please read my post
Thanks
okay, did you do full format of the storage during the installation or used quick installation without formatting .. I would suggest during installation delete all the partitions and use "single" partition also do FULL FORMAT .. dont use quick method :)

Vote:

ik8ozv

Reaction score
okay, did you do full format of the storage during the installation or used quick installation without formatting .. I would suggest during installation delete all the partitions and use "single" partition also do FULL FORMAT .. dont use quick method :)
Yes as how i have said before i delete al the partitions

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Hi,

(1) Shutdown your computer.
(2) Then start it again while holding down the "shift" ("^") button until your reach the boot menu (a blue screen).
(3) At the bottom select "change default values or chose other options".
(4) On the next windows select "other options"
(5) Then select "Troubleshoot"
(6) In the next window select "Advanced options"
(7) You will find an option to select "cmd prompt"

This specific "cmd prompt" will run from a partition called "X".
Run "sfc /scannow" and "chkdsk /f" (one after the other) from this "X" partition.
If afterwards you still have problems do the same (steps (1) to (7) again and in cmd prompt switch from "X" to "C" with "C:" and run "sfc /scannow" (and if necessary) "chkdsk /f" again.

Vote:

Ask a Question