Windows11 update errors

cosmic52

Reaction score
Everyday I either get sign into your microsoft account or check disk for errors..on all occasions I've signed into my accounts and yet it still tells me to sign in the next day?..Now I'm getting check for disk errors, but there's nothing wrong?..anyone else.Screenshot (239).pngScreenshot (240).pngScreenshot (242).png

Last edited:

cosmic52

Reaction score
Think I've fixed it..fingers crossed, but I'd like some comments, if other people are having these problems.

cosmic52

Reaction score
Thought I'd fixed it, but it's still asking me to scan for disk errors everyday. All the disks have been checked 5 times with no errors, so this has to be a microsoft fault?.

RogerOver

Reaction score
What about the trial & error method ?
if you have 5 disks, you certainly can unplug some.
Remove as much as you can and then restart.
Then add them back one by one and restart each time.

Another thought: is there an exclamation mark somewhere in Windows Security ?

Last edited:

cosmic52

Reaction score
No question mark in security..only two hard drives in desktop..I've even turned it off to auto scan disks, but it still happens.

RogerOver

Reaction score
Sorry I am guessing a bit.

What's the brand of your disks ?
Many diskmakers have specific tools to verify and repair their disks. I have Western Digital and their tool is called Dashboard: https://support-en.wd.com/app/answe...al-dashboard-for-drive-performance-monitoring.
I was succesfull to repair a disk, which I thought was dead !

As you mention Windows update in your title (but not it the text of your contribution): did you try to rollback (or distinstall) the last update and do the install again ?

Edit: if I understand correctly from the pictures in your first contribution, you are running the tool in C:\Properties from within Windows. As far as I undestand this only scans for corrupted files and folders !
Try the cmd prompt as administrator and type "chkdsk /f" (or "chkdsk /r", doesn't matter, no quotation marks, but with the space). You need to do this for both disks (by changing to the other disk with "D:", and back with "C:"). For the disk on which you are, it will ask you to restart, and then run at startup. For the other disk, no restart needed !

Last edited:

cosmic52

Reaction score
No errors on the disk after check, but it will keep popping up like an annoying gnat.

cosmic52

Reaction score
Used command promt of chkdsk under admistrator, run for half an hour everything fine..restart computer and it's back with chkdsk for errors again, this can't be right. It has to be a update problem.

cosmic52

Reaction score
I've turned it off in settings, it's ridiculous, it comes every 10 minutes or so. I'd better off using a chromebook at this rate:D

Bighorn

Reaction score
I've turned it off in settings, it's ridiculous, it comes every 10 minutes or so. I'd better off using a chromebook at this rate:D
That is reminiscent of a problem created by an installed third-party program that kept popping up with a prompt to do a backup, only solution was uninstalling it but also had to manually remove an entry in the Registry.

cosmic52

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't have any third party stuff on my desktop Bighorn. I've checked all the hard drives and done a malware check and virus check, and nothing turns up.I know for a fact it didn't happen before the update.

The Shadow 2023

Reaction score
OK, then why don't you just roll back your PC to a time just before the update? Then turn OFF updates!
System Restore is great for fixing update problems and other little things, like when you mess up your desktop and can't figure out how to fix it.
But, if you or someone else has disabled your System Restore, all bets are off!

cosmic52

Reaction score
Can only pause updates unfortunately.System restore was on before I updated to win11, but not now by the looks of it.

Ask a Question