How Can I Access a 2nd C Drive Linking 2 PCs With USB Data Transfer Cable

Bondppq

Reaction score
Hello, I am using a special data transfer cable with particular softwares: Bravura & PCLinq5 to link 2 mini-PC sticks together to recognize each other’s C Drives to wipe them clean and reformat to them, but I’m not able to see the C Drives of each no matter what I do. Both use Win 11. Is there any software that I can download that can see both C Drives? Any suggestions please is appreciated. thank you

Bighorn

Reaction score

Vote:

Bondppq

Reaction score
Hello thank you for your quick reply, I have 3 Asus TS10 VivoSticks with Win 10 on them and 1 AceMacigian Pro mini-PC box with Win 11 on it. On the Asus stix (Win 10) I find it impossible to "fully" turn off automatic updates, and it floods the 32gb drive to a mere 100's mb size. On the Ace box (Win 11) I see the option of turning off automatic updates so far.

I can’t do a reinstall of Win 10 on the stix nor install any 3rd-party softwares to convert them to a Linux system because of the lack of disk space. So I’m giving up on MSFT and trying to wipe all drives and re-format the file system to EXT4 and install Debian with a Deepin distro. But I still can’t get Linux on the drives because there is no space on any 32 gb stix.

I tried this using Rufus and BalenaEtcher but to no avail, so I bought a USB data transfer cable with Bravura and PCLinq5 to try and link 2 stix and remotely wipe one drive through the cable but the target C Drive does not show up under File Explorer - This PC so I can’t reformat it to install Linux Debian / Deepin. I also tried Eassos DiskGenius to remotely access the 2nd stix target C Drive but its not being recognized.

I want to do the same for the Ace box and wipe Win 11 off and go Linux but that is not crucial right now since I have 256 gb size on that drive and auto updates is turned off so the stix is the first hurdle with the box being done right afterwards if I’m successful at this. But I’m not sure what else I can do here, is all of this possible? Thank you in advance for any help.

Vote:

Bondppq

Reaction score
Any time that a "forced" update was thrust upon me it always broke the system somewhere. I have used a 2011 OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard (now still on OSX 10.12.6 Sierra) until like 2 years ago when the browsers wouldn't work anymore on their last compatible versions.

But other than that I have had ZERO breaks and with my iOS iPhone as well because I shut OFF the automatic updates as the first thing to do when I purchase the phone or laptop or new installs, it's the very first thing before connecting to a wi-fi and then the 2nd thing is to shut off all autoupdates on any new browsers.

And going this route, I have never had a problem with a system being broken since 2009. Until I started using Windows again last year since dropping it in 2008. Now Win 10 forces all updates and can't be shut-off which is why I'm moving to Linux for the first time.

How many 3rd party app vendors can't keep up with the frequent rigorous update cycle of AAPL or MSFT which breaks 3rd party apps every few weeks and then you can't use them. How many people have been in that situation before. I truly truly believe that updates are the WORST thing you can do to your system, its a scam. "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" the old maxim fully applies to software updates.

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
I can understand what you say, I was given a 21" iMac last fall [lady had died] that is running El Capitan, probably the last it can since Mac OS X was replaced by the new macOS about 2, 3 or so years ago. The issue with updates can be caused by the evolution of technology, driven by the need for the latest greatest fastest which is not the average consumer or office workers. Competition is involved in ALL business with also is a factor. The macOS is different from OS X since the machines are different. One thing about Linux is the large number of choices which one can use, some are okay, some are kinda strange and some tend to imitate the look/Desktop of Windows or Macintosh, some can run on older hardware. Bottom line, it is down to what the user needs or wants and willing to pay for.

Vote:

Ask a Question