How do I get rid of the HTML in the window when hovering over a link?

BJD

Reaction score
Windows 11 Home has been such a difficult program, I've had a lot of issues that the Microsoft Technician couldn't help with. One of them he said is the way the program is meant to be for a specific reason. It's the HTML window that comes up and covers up what I'm reading when I hover above it. Sometimes there's a lot of HTML and the window is large, and I have to stop reading and move my cursor. It's so ridiculous. I keep thinking updates will take care of the issues I have, but so far, they don't. I'm ready to downgrade to Windows 10. Is it my specific copy of Windows 11? Or is everyone having this problem?

Bighorn

Reaction score
HTML/Hyper Text Markup Language is the Web page, how it is created. It would be helpful seeing a screenshot in determining if it's a setting or advertising from the Website. There's a couple of choices on the right-click of a page to allow seeing the HTML.

1684180448879.png

Vote:

BJD

Reaction score
Thank you, Bighorn, for your speedy response! This is interesting... It's only on my email, which is Mail. Part of Microsoft. I tried various screens, including this page, and the links didn't expand. It's only on my e-mail. So it's not Windows 11, but the latest Microsoft Office program that I purchased the same time I got this new laptop. I get a lot of e-mails, and it seemed I was getting them everywhere, but apparently not. You can see how annoying this would be. My cursor is hovering over the second "Read Here." Okay, does anyone have a great email program they love? :)

Attachments

• Mail e-mail page 1.jpg
    Mail e-mail page 1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Mail e-mail page 2 hovering over link.jpg
    Mail e-mail page 2 hovering over link.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 3

Vote:

Bighorn

Reaction score
The right image with the small area shows a Web address although I've never encountered one that long. I'd be suspicious of it.

I've not used an installed E-Mail Client in awhile, mostly is Online/Webmail, a couple of choices I may look at is OE Classic and Thunderbird but most likely is SeaMonkey browser which includes an E-Mail feature.
Same for Vivaldi browser.

Vote:

BJD

Reaction score
The right image with the small area shows a Web address although I've never encountered one that long. I'd be suspicious of it.

I've not used an installed E-Mail Client in awhile, mostly is Online/Webmail, a couple of choices I may look at is OE Classic and Thunderbird but most likely is SeaMonkey browser which includes an E-Mail feature.
Same for Vivaldi browser.
Thank you for this information. I used to use Thunderbird, and I think I'll go back to it. I downloaded it, and there's no problem with links opening up into windows. It seems "Mail" was causing the issues. Thunderbird actually solves my problem, such a relief! I like the calendar, too, which has been an issue with other e-mail programs that have very small squares that don't show enough information. Thanks again, Bighorn! I appreciate you taking the time! :)

Vote:

Ask a Question