Get rid of One Drive

fsnyder1322

Reaction score
One Drive is Driving me Nut! is there a way to get rid of it on Windows 11? If I delete the program will it cause problems with my computer. I use Eye Drive for all my backups.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, you can disable it or uninstall it completely.

Easiest way to uninstall it is to go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft One Drive > Uninstall

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
I'm running win10 and didn't like how folders such as documents, pictures, etc. were all pointing to onedrive. I removed it, on re-installed on D: on my PC. Not sure what will happen when I move to win11 if location will go to default or not. I mainly use onedrive to upload files/photos, etc. from mobile devices or other PC's at home.

orlbuckeye

Reaction score
There is a setting when you install Windows that ask do you want to save to One Drive or a local drive. Remember One Drive is storage space in the cloud. Locally is where stuff is stored that goes to One Drive after syncing.

fsnyder1322

Reaction score
In Windows 11 OneDrive takes over everything. Files close s l o w l y because it is syncing with the cloud. When I open some of my files it takes 6 1/2 minutes to appear on screen as it retrieves everything from OneDrive. On This PC > Documents my files are not really there they are on OneDrive. How do I get them onto my computer where I want them?

fsnyder1322

Reaction score
There is a setting when you install Windows that ask do you want to save to One Drive or a local drive. Remember One Drive is storage space in the cloud. Locally is where stuff is stored that goes to One Drive after syncing.
I got a new computer with Windows 11 installed. I don't recall that option.

davehc

Reaction score
hey yu guys! The input is always welcome, for possible alternatives, but this OP query was answered quickly in in post #2

orlbuckeye

Reaction score
Im not sure how turning One Drive off works with Office 365. If your using Office 365.

joss

Reaction score
That is a good question orlbuckeye. I personally do not use office 365. Instead I use Open office.

davehc

Reaction score
I am not, and probably never will, use 365. But I see instructions on how to use it offline, or turn off onedrive........?

Ask a Question