Do Windows 10 drivers work with Windows 11?

nystormer

Reaction score
I've got some old hardware which has Windows 10 drivers, but nothing for Windows 11. I haven't had to install any official drivers yet, but it got me thinking. If hardware is compatible with Windows 10, does that mean it is automatically compatible with Windows 11, because it is so similar underneath?

Sir Vagus Mus

Reaction score
I've got some old hardware which has Windows 10 drivers, but nothing for Windows 11. I haven't had to install any official drivers yet, but it got me thinking. If hardware is compatible with Windows 10, does that mean it is automatically compatible with Windows 11, because it is so similar underneath?
Windows 8/8.1, and Windows 10 drivers seem to work fine on Windows 11.

Mickey52

Reaction score
I upgraded from 10 to 11 a week ago only issue I have run into was my HP printer had to be up gated tried going threw HP Easy Start down load , regular set up failed. all
Once I was up and running it printed a test page that never was the good form my original set up. This running fine. All special settings carried over best up grade I every have been threw.

Reaction score
Most drivers that are viable with Windows 10 support Windows 11 also. Since Windows 11 depends on Windows 10 and isn't fundamentally unique, drivers released for Windows 10 will chip away at Windows 11 too. That said, some drivers that have not been updated for many years might not function properly in Windows 11.
The best thing is to install the driver itself on Windows 11!!

Ask a Question