Windows 11 Quick settings panel freezes for a bit on first use?

james_uk

Reaction score
Hi, been using windows 11 now for a few weeks and generally like it.

I just wondered if this is happening to most people or if its my laptop for some reason.

When i click on the quick settings (network, vol & power) icon for the first time after boot, it's like the quick settings don't know the settings yet and have to load them as i see network turn on and the brightness slider change to the max.

My laptop kind of freezes for a second or so, mouse won't move etc then it shows the quick settings fine, if i then click quick settings any time after it doesn't freeze the same and just opens straight up until i reboot, it will then do the same again after the next first book.

Is this something that will probably be addressed at some point by Microsoft or is this not happening to other people?

Regards
James

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is this something that will probably be addressed at some point by Microsoft
I wish I had something insightful to share, but...
All I can tell you is that Windows 11 and by extension "Microsoft" is suffering some growing pains related to all things "taskbar" related.
is this not happening to other people?
I can say that this is the first post I've read with this specific issue, however....
A lot of things regarding problems within Windows 11 seems to impact
Some users.... ON some devices..... Some of the time
AND
That is likely to be an issue going forward, IF there is no real consistency in an issue and you can't say, it's broke now, it's stays broke all the time, always AND it needs fixing or else....
THEN
It'll not likely to become a high priority item until they get way down the list of big ticket items.

Especially with laptops, which are a bit unique unto themselves
From manufacturer to manufacturer
From model to model
Sometimes even drivers that support internal devices are modified slightly but specifically to make things work together.

Things like that will finally come down to Microsoft coordinating with OEM Partners to address specific issues on specific devices.
AND
That will like come, somewhere further down the road.
Afterall, Windows 11 is just in its' infancy and there are likely to be stumbles and falls ahead before it learns to walk properly.

Vote:

Ask a Question