How do I remove irritating default themes?

Tom R

Reaction score
OK, I'm not an experienced W-11 tweaker, but in an older build, I was able to remove the built-in themes. Four or five boring themes with only a couple of images. Today, I tried to find the article on the internet that detailed the procedure, and couldn't locate it.
Google search was also unable to find the correct article.
That leaves me with this forum. I'm sure I am not the first member that finds these default themes irritating!
Would someone please send me a link or direction to remove the default, pre-installed themes?

Thank you.
Tom R.

Sir_George

Reaction score
OK, I'm not an experienced W-11 tweaker, but in an older build, I was able to remove the built-in themes. Four or five boring themes with only a couple of images. Today, I tried to find the article on the internet that detailed the procedure, and couldn't locate it.
Google search was also unable to find the correct article.
That leaves me with this forum. I'm sure I am not the first member that finds these default themes irritating!
Would someone please send me a link or direction to remove the default, pre-installed themes?

Thank you.
Tom R.
Visit this website;

It appears you cannot remove the default themes.

Vote:

Tom R

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir George.

Yes, that is what Microsoft says. However, I know it can be done in W-11. I have removed the Default Themes on my previous desktop, also W-11.

Someone out there has done this. I cannot be the only person that finds them irritating.

Tom R.

Vote:

Tom R

Reaction score
I have an update.

I found a solution with Google's help.

For those of you that want these irritating themes gone, all that needs to be done is to take ownership of the file. It is not a very complicated process, but it is tedious. The easiest way is to Google "Take Ownership of Files". Then follow the detailed directions. If you have a widescreen display, I suggest opening File Explorer on one side and the page of instructions on the other.

Trust me, it works!

TomR

Vote:

Xploit Machine

Reaction score
Thank you, Sir George.

Yes, that is what Microsoft says. However, I know it can be done in W-11. I have removed the Default Themes on my previous desktop, also W-11.

Someone out there has done this. I cannot be the only person that finds them irritating.

Tom R.

yes it can be done flawlessly .. the folder is called "Web" somewhere that I squared down here (sorry that I don't have it down there because I have removed it .. permanently) :D ..

1670903898831.png

.. but you need this;

1670903989014.png

see .. no background or pre-installed themes ..

1670904212608.png

Vote:

Ask a Question