Is windows 11 That good?

Palladini

Reaction score
I was just on the phone today with the folks who built my Computer, these are Microsoft certified. I was complaining about my Computer, which is about 15 months old, and I could set Secure Boot to go to my M2 drive. So in this conversation, he asked me why I wanted to get windows 11 on my system, then proceed to tell me, all folks who bought new computers with Windows 11 on them are complaining about them and how poorly the OS runs.
So at this point, I am content to let Windows 10 sit on an SSD drive until Windows decides to end support. then get another computer, install the OS and all the Video Editing Programs on it, and never hook it to the internet. When I am on Windows 10, I never go to the internet anyway!

yodap

Reaction score
…Is windows 11 That good?…

A loaded question if there ever was one.
In my opinion there is no compelling reason to upgrade. But I have installed it (clean, not upgrade) on a laptop and 2 desktops and it runs fine with no problems. There is a small learning curve and that’s what is upsetting people. It happens on every major MS operating system change. On this forum most of the regulars are operating system enthusiasts and will find exception with what you were told by your MS certified people.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I am prepared to get beat up for saying this, but..........
If you never go to the internet, how did you post that?

vynski

Reaction score
I am a 73 year old GEEK. Have built every desktop from scratch since 1986. I have cycled through most of the Windows OS's, 3.1, 3.2, 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7, 10, and now 11, (skipped Vista, 8 & 8.1). I can do without all of the syncing crap on my desktop, like your phone. I don't use it and don't enable it. I do use bluetooth and 11 handles that much better than 10 did.
here is the real kicker though; I have been running the Age Of Empires II since 98 and I had fewer problems getting it up and running on 11 than any other system after 98. Same thing with Civ IV - Beyond The Sword. I have even installed the Pharoah/Cleopatra on both 10 and 11. As I said I encountered fewer hassles with 11 than 7 or 10. These older games ran fine on XP, but after that all things went south! So Yes I like Windows 11 very much and glad I upgraded.

Ask a Question