Issues when using 2nd monitor

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Both displays were working OK, I could move a window to 2nd monitor while doing work on 1st monitor. Started yesterday when I connect 2nd monitor desktop with all the apps moves there. If I open any menus from within desktop/app it's displayed on 1st monitor. Can no longer move mouse across both monitors. So far not impressed with win11 when all was OK on win10?

thanks

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Started yesterday when I connect 2nd monitor. Can no longer move mouse across both monitors.
Have you checked Settings -> System -> Display and confirmed that you have "Extend" rather than Duplicate select?
Also double check "Identify" which display is #1 and which is #2 and confirm that you have chosen the correct monitor as (Make this my main monitor".

Generally if the mouse pointer gets to the left and or right edge (depending on which you have selected to be what) you are either duplicating the displays or else you have inadvertently swapped their numbered priority, as in which direction to move the mouse to move onto the second display.

Vote:

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Have you checked Settings -> System -> Display and confirmed that you have "Extend" rather than Duplicate select?
Also double check "Identify" which display is #1 and which is #2 and confirm that you have chosen the correct monitor as (Make this my main monitor".

Generally if the mouse pointer gets to the left and or right edge (depending on which you have selected to be what) you are either duplicating the displays or else you have inadvertently swapped their numbered priority, as in which direction to move the mouse to move onto the second display.

Thanks for speedy reply, got the monitors ID'd correctly and extended mode worked OK once I turned it off/on. Now if I could just get the desktop back to monitor #1 I also have monitors correct in video card GEFORCE RTX 2070 Super.

Also taskbar is present and works on both monitors?

Last edited:

Vote:

worm6666

Reaction score

Vote:

Ask a Question