Lost settings in startup.

Pablo56

Reaction score
I tried moving the things around on startup. It seems that I have merged 2 together abnd have ended up with a microsoft store icon. How can I get settings back on startup?

RogerOver

Reaction score
(1) Rightclick your desktop
(2) click on New ==> Shortcut
(3) Copy and paste the following line into the Window that opens:
%windir%\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
(4) Click next and give the shortcut the name "Settings"
(5) Close the new shortcut
(6) Rightclick the new shortcut on your desktop and chose: "Pin to Start Screen" (or similar; sorry, I have removed all my "Pin to" context menu entries via the registry)

That's it

Vote:

Pablo56

Reaction score
When I copy and past
%windir%\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
I get The shortcut name that you entered either containes charecters that are invalid for the file names or was too long.

Besides . . . If you are telling me how to add a shortcut to my screen desktop I could have done this by going to start [All Apps] -> scroll down to settings and add a shortcut to my desk top.

Vote:

Pablo56

Reaction score
Sorted. When you go to start there are too verry small dots on the right [Page 1 and 2]. It got moved down to page 2.

Vote:

RogerOver

Reaction score
Besides . . . If you are telling me how to add a shortcut to my screen desktop I could have done this by going to start [All Apps] -> scroll down to settings and add a shortcut to my desk top.
I think you didn't understand what I said. The method works for me ! I proposed to create a NEW shortcut (because you said you had lost your's) and put it into your start menu !

Vote:

Ask a Question