Low volume after upgrade

clifric

Reaction score
I upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11 with no problem except that my volume level has reduced. Even when on 'maximum' it is only around 60% of what I had before.
I have checked my drivers are up to date
Any ideas please?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Without any specs for your system....
AND
More specifically, which sound card (chipset) you system uses, it will be difficult to suggest a possible solution.
I can only suggest that you go to Settings -> Windows Update -> Advanced options -> Optional updates

capture.png

Please read what it says...
"If you have a specific problem, one of these drivers might help. Otherwise automatic updates will keep your drivers up to date."

Do not randomly start installing drivers from what you see in the list as these are generally older outdated drivers and may make things worse than they are, but.....
IF you see something in the list that is associated specifically with your sound chipset, you might give it a try.

Vote:

clifric

Reaction score
Thank you for your interest. I have re-checked my drivers are up to date as you suggest and am assured they are and the Realtek device is working properly. I have had 2 windows updates automatically installed just now so will check if the system improves. Thanks again

Vote:

dona

Reaction score
Hi. I have had the same problem, but I have just discovered something. If you right click on the Start button and open Mobility center, you will probably find this:
1637543527533.png
You can see that the Volume is set by default to 20% If you drag the volume cursor your laptop's volume will go well up.

Vote:

Ask a Question